Some pretty good fishing going on here.

• kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

Check out my reports in the Fishing Reports section here.

I have limited my clients everyday this year. The size is down somewhat but there is a huge population of 14 to 20″ inch walleye and loads of 24 to 34″ pike. I even gotten into some nice whitebass.

I’ve been pitching cranks, trolling cranks and slipbobbering leeches and crawlers.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Kevin, is the bite still holding up out there. I may try to get back in early July yet.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

We are having a very good bite. Very good.

But’…I don’t fish for big fish. I fish for numbers of good fish for clients. I try to find easy fish that someone with lesser experience can get. I don’t force folks to pitch jigs into shallow weeedbeds looking for a couple of big weigh fish (hint) or to run boards searching water all day long.

The right spot will yield huge fish. I mean pigs. It still will take a 5# average to win here any time of the year.

If you get back here, I wouldn’t be so concerned on finding a spot and thinking that they’ll be there next year. It isn’t happening. If it does it is pure frickin luck. Especially this year with the water temp at 60 for over a month.

With three more feet of water and the weedbeds maturing or not appearing at all and the wood diminishing this is a new lake.

I’m sticking to my end of the lake for now.

What I’m catching won’t win tourneys but will make for a fun day.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.