Frontier internet

• joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Anybody have the new and improved internet from Frontier? What speed do you have and are you running it through your old phone lines or did they upgrade your line? I’ve talked to 2 different people at Frontier and they both gave me a different answer as to my lines needing to be upgraded. One said yes one said no…. now I’m lost!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I have Frontier because it’s all that’s offered in my area. I was having issues with sporadic internet, after having the wires bonded it has been working well.
    I have to say Frontier is the worse company for CS that I have ever dealt with. Easy min. 60 minutes on the phone anytime I have an issue. Most importantly watch your monthly bill like a hawk or they will steel from you. They will tell you one price then charge you another. They have done this multiple times to me, the last time I had to threaten with reporting them to the MN AG before they would put my rate to back what they originally promised.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

EPG.,, Frontier is my only option also expect satellite internet which I’ve done and it gets pricey for decent speed. Yea my bill just keeps going up but my service is the same.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

What do you mean when you say they had the wires “Bonded”?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

For example – you may have cat 5 wire running into your place from the pedistal (4 pair wire) but you are only using 1 pair. If the wire fails, has cracks, etc you are out of service. When they bond the wires, all pairs are connected (bonded) so if a pair goes out, it automatically connects a working pair.

That’s a brief description, I’m sure someone on here can give a more in depth answer if needed.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Oh – and they would bond the wires they upgrade the router also.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Is bonding also referring to grounding the cable?

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Thanks EPG.. I’m not super smart when it comes to some of this stuff but I’m wondering if they can run a speed of 45 Mbps through phone line that is 20 plus years old and get the true 45 Mbps at the computer?

grizz234
    Coal Valley, Ill.

Frontier was the only “hard wire” internet available in my area. It would go out for no reason, when you called, and as an earlier comment said wait time was up to 20 min. or longer. Then they had no idea why it was out although it was an area wide outage, which the last time was THREE DAYS. Our Frontier serviceman retired who very good, and we dropped them. Where I live we chose Verizon Hotspot which our son has been using and liked it. It’s been cheaper than Frontier and we haven’t experienced outages every two weeks.

404 ERROR
    MN

I have frontier, only option. It’s been better the last year, but prior it was a total nightmare. Frequent service loss multiple times a day and incredibly slow speed (.5mbps). Now, we haven’t had an interruption in a week or so, which I see as a win. Our speeds range from 2-25MBPS. It can be painfully slow…and for $65/month, it should be better than it is…

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Right now my router/modem has to be reset all the time cause it’s old but to get frontier to replace it I will have to upgrade my service or call every day to complain about it so they have an “issue” on file. Right now they offered me 45mbps for $65 a month Internet only. They did upgrade to fiber optic in my area. I’m less than 200 feet from the main box. It sucks when your hands are tied to one option.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.