awesome weekend on Francis Case

• chomps
    Sioux City IA

We put the smack down on some very nice walleye and small mouth bass. We didn’t even need to venture out of the bay at Platte Creek. Pitched jigs and drug a bottom bouncer tipped with a minnow. We had some wind to deal with on Saturday, but the rest of Sunday and Monday was perfect. Our biggest was 25 inches, threw a bunch back and still brought back our limits. The fish were very thick and healthy. The s/m bass were up to 17 inches and by the looks of things to come will be getting more established. A few crappie and some toothy pike were also caught. First Minnesota Opener I have missed in 21 years, but this will be a regular trip on the list for the crew

Can’t seem to add photos from the phone so I’ll have to put onto the computer and add to the thread.

igotone

guess I sent U 2 right place

like 2 see the pictures chomps — was there many boats there?

have not been able to pull up there webcam at dock 44

chomps
    Sioux City IA

your report reaffirmed what we were going to do anyways, my buddy has a perm camper and they are up there every week, plus it’s like Sioux City people are all over up there, they all said the same thing. It was never really crowded, but most people launching there were going right into the bay, not many going all the way back to the creek. Hit the points where 12-18 FOW comes up to 6, blue jigs were best.

igotone

great

thanks for reporting back on what worked chomps

chomps
    Sioux City IA

here’s a few 2nd one is my brother’s 22, 3rd pic is me and a 23″, last one is buddy Randy with a 14″ crappie. Got some of a 25″ walleye somewhere.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

good job pete! i think we are heading up to lewis & clark this sunday, but one of these days I will need to go try that area!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.