Walleye

• jasonlem
    New Prague

I was wondering how the fishing is and saw No posts?? Does that mean it’s bad?

mr. sauger25

it means its a tournament weekend fishing is always good on pool 4 was on the fox river yesterday big females are moving up peak will be in a week 300 to 400 boats out yesterday

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

There were 100 boats on the river all last week…mostly drifting vertical jigging…The bite was tough…most of the boats came in with small (dink) sauger…some eyes. I watched them everyday and saw few nets come out.
    The morning air temps were in the low teens and water temps in the 36-38 range.
    Yes, there are Walleye up there…experienced river guys are getting some…but boat pressure will affect them in the shallow water…not many females yet and no big female sauger that I heard about… last week I stayed at Everts.
    The warming temps and increased flow will only improve fishing.

Great (on the water) info comes free at Everts
    We CPRed a few nice ones…

igotone

SEE

this is listed under Francis Case

ice just going out above – fishing below is good

dock was not in at the boat basin 10 days ago – but they where putting in there and on the east side where dock is in

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Had some buddies up there yesterday. Didn’t sound like they did super well. They put in over by Al’s at some campground if I recall right.

jasonlem
    New Prague

Quote:

it means its a tournament weekend fishing is always good on pool 4 was on the fox river yesterday big females are moving up peak will be in a week 300 to 400 boats out yesterday

Tournament weekend out in South Dakota Lake Francis Case? but you talk about Pool 4 Red Wing. If I didn’t have a clue at all I would be so lost.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I think both Platte Creek and Snake Creek were both still frozen, but ready to go at anytime. Closer to the dam off of points in 28 FOW jig n minnow is what I had heard, but it wasn’t a fresh report. Should be going up there in a couple weeks, still want to make that last ice fishing run.
    Nice to see those fellows posting about pool 4, need to go back to geography class. I bet if they made it over to Francis Case they would see the same fishing with about 5% of the boats.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.