Going to Francis Case in two weeks

• tomsframe
    omaha ne

Thinking about make a trip up.and would like to now if water is back down.And are the walleye biting? Thinking about taking my grandsons up fishing for the weekend Thank you tom

chomps
    Sioux City IA

yep water is down, most ramps open, fishing has been a bit on the slow side, but some are hanging in there and catching a limit or two trolling plugs. Things can only get better.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

most of my buds closed down their campers already, tough to make weekend trip when kids get going in football/volleyball/band and other school stuff. There are a few die hards still making the trip, and most of the stuff I hear about come from the Platte Creek to Snake Creek areas. The last guy I spoke with had no luck around these areas so he headed toward the dam a ways and had the best luck there. Still think you should stay in the 12-18 foot range, but try shallower in the low light hours. I have been doing good with the glass raps, others swear by the jointed rap. Not much leadcore, just long line with crystal fireline. Most of the junk from the high water should be gone. Let us know how things go.

tomsframe
    omaha ne

thinking about going some where between White Swan and Wheeler area. will report how we do thank you.tom

chomps
    Sioux City IA

update, update, guy just stopped in and said they were jumping into the boat below the dam. Said a 3 ounce bottom bouncer 3-4 foot snell with a shad rap. There is usually some boats down there just look for the crowd.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.