Fox river in OshKosh (shore anglers)

• hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Fished yesterday by Rainbow park from 11am til 1pm. Not a bite. Went over by the OshKosh Center and had the same luck. Talked to an old timer who had a 20″ walleye on the stringer. Said he was casting plain white flies. Said he missed two others the same size. Saw 1 whitebass caught by the Main street bridge……

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Talked with a couple guys who said that FLIES are the bait to use. Use them plain or tipped with a minnow. White and/or silver seem to be the preferred color. Good luck…

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Tried it by Rainbow park yesterday. Had a couple bites but no fish on. Went and tried it along Pioneer Rd. Nothing doing. A Fisherman 20 feet away caught an 18″ walleye casting a plain blue/white fly. Then the rain came, so I called it a day. Maybe one more trip this month.

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Heard they’re catching catfish by the mouth. Blue/white or black/white floating jigs on a Lindy or wolf river rig. Using both crawlers and leeches with better luck on the leeches…. Later……….

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Dave it’s time we get out again. email me and lets fish bud.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Where are you Dave, post on the rock river thread and let me know your ok.

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Fished by Rainbow Park on Monday. Not a bite and no other fishermen around. Not even a trailor in the parking lot. Went over by the City Center and tried it for about an hour. Again, nothing and no one out there either. Guess it’s wait for ice time. Good luck to the hunters. Be careful out there……………

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Here we go again. Spring is comin’ and the Walleye will be runnin’..Would appreciate a heads up when the river opens up. Did’nt get much ice fishing in this winter, so really looking forward to the rivers..

davenorton50
    Participant
    Burlington, WI

I gotta believe most of the water is open up there by now. Any reports?

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Anyone getting anything yet? Should be some whitebass moving through…Give a holler….

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Anything goin’ on yet?

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Soon…….Very soon….

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Whitebass running yet? Or did I miss it?

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Getting to be that time of year for the fall run. Any feedback on water temps would be appreciated. Thanks and good luck out there.

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Getting to be that time of year for the fall run. Gonna try to get up more often. Can’t wait. Good luck out there!

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Any info on water temp would be appreciated…Thanks.

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Will be back up to try and pry some walleyes from the Fox in OshKosh next week..Monday looks like a winner weather wise and maybe bring the lantern and head lamp and try it after dark. I’ll post the results…Good luck out there !

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

3 years, 4 months since posting.

Here we go again. Time to get fishing and posting. I’m waiting to hear from
    my Osh Kosh source on when the river opens up. Once I get fishing, I will post locations, set-ups and results. Looking forward to helping shore anglers get out and catch more fish.

toast

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You might have the record for the longest running post on IDO. The site might of still been fish the river when this started. Any chance of adding a fish picture this year?

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Absolutely !!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING IT !!

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Well I decided to take a ride to Osh Kosh yesterday. Tried it from Rainbow Park for an hour with no luck. Went over by the mouth and had the same result. It was VERY windy. Water was really getting churned up and was really dirty. Just picked the wrong day to go. Talked to the guy at the bait shop and he said they were getting fish in Winneconne. A lot of spawned out females. Definitely will go back next week. Heading to Ft Atkinson today. Good luck out there !

Attachments:
    1. Osh-Kosh-4-13-15-1.jpg

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Tried it again last Friday with the same results SKUNKED !!! Not even a carp or sheepshead to show for my efforts. Saw a couple dozen boats throughout the day and no one was doing any good that I saw. Really disappointing spring for me so far. 3 trips to Ft Atkinson and 2 trips here and nothing. Gonna keep on pushin on. Good luck out there !!

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Starting this Spring, I will once again try to get this forum active again.

Good luck on the ice and be safe out there !!

mbenson
    Participant
    Minocqua, WI

Good Luck hard-water!!! Hope it grabs hold this time…

Mark

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I’m going to make my first trip out this year. When is that timing going to be right ?

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I’m going to make my first trip out this year. When is that timing going to be right ?

I’m certainly not the expert on this, but if you’ll allow to guess. If your asking about “the run”, I would think that depends on the weather and when the big melt gets going. So it could be a month different depending on the year.

Based on how this year’s going, I’ll guess it will be a few more weeks yet.

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

It’s going to be a while, still 2+ feet of ice on the lakes and the river in Oshkosh is locked in, which is rare. There’s usually some signs of the fish staging for the run when the bite really picks up on the ice just out from the mouth but no signs yet.

Viewing 28 posts - 31 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.