Fox River Depere Report

• Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

Made a last minute trip with my dad and his friend up to the fox river in depere to try and catch some big walleyes. we started out around 5pm fishing some mud flats with only one 20 incher to show for it. as it was getting dark we headed to the dam and anchored. we proceeded to cast flicker shads and shad raps. well from about 6pm till midnight we only managed 6 walleyes which is unusual as we usually do pretty good around dusk. 1 am came and it was like a light switch the fish turned on and we caught fish steady until we left at 7am. had a really good flurry going from 5:30 until 6:30am where we caught around 25 in that stretch. between the 3 of us we managed around 50 walleyes with myself catching 2-27 inchers which were both 7.5lbs and both caught on flicker shads. firetiger or black silver were the best colors. water temp was 48 and there were only 15 or so boats around all night which is unheard of this time of year at depere where there are usually 40-50 boats.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

There were 75 boats lined up at the top of the scour hole when we left at dark Sat night… We had over 300 boats by 10 AM Sat…

I am a jigging fool but its nice to get those chubbies at night!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Pretty fish and love the background lights!!!

Mark

chrisbangs

I’m heading to Green Bay Thursday night and was wondering if anyone has any new reports on either the Fox River or the Bay.

Thanks!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Friends of mine have been trolling sticks in 8 to 14 fow and doing well. I haven’t had the time to join them, but the phone pics they have been taunting me with has been like a dagger in my back. All I know is they are on transition lines and running more stick baits that body profile style baits. Good Luck

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.