Fork Peck Fishing trip – Info. help needed

• fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

With it looking Like the Canadian border not likely to open by our usual Early June fishing trips, we are looking to plan a trip elsewhere here in the US. I’ve been tasked to do some research on a trip to Fork Peck lake. I know the lake is not going to Kick out size or #’s of Large pike ( 40″+ ) that we are use to in Canada, but there are still some real nice Pike in there. We have nothing against fishing for lake trout, Walleyes, or SM bass either. Actually a trip to catch all the different species may be a blast. I just got done re-watching the IDO lake trout video from out there. I could not find what time of the year it was they were out there. We are most likely planning the trip for Early June as that is normally the date of our Canada Trip. Anyone here have any idea of what the fishing is like out there in Early June? We most likely will be getting a guide for a day or two as well to speed up the learning curve. Any recommendation on a good guide would also be helpful.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If memory serves we filmed that show the 3rd week of June.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Thanks James. For some reason I thought it was sometime in June. Does the guy you fished with do any guiding? Did you fish for anything else while you were out there?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks James. For some reason I thought it was sometime in June. Does the guy you fished with do any guiding? Did you fish for anything else while you were out there?

Yes, Scott owns Fort Peck Marina and splits time running the marina and does some guiding. Give him a call. He’s genuinely one of the best people I’ve ever met. Just a super good person that is a ton of fun to fish with. Phone: (406) 526-3442

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Thanks again James. I will give him a call. Just starting to gather Info. on a trip. Wish I had a Crystal ball and knew how soon the Canadian Border is likely to open. I thought the vaccinations were going to be available a whole lot sooner than they are. I had some hope that the border could possibly be open by Early June. At this point that is not looking real good.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks again James. I will give him a call. Just starting to gather Info. on a trip. Wish I had a Crystal ball and knew how soon the Canadian Border is likely to open. I thought the vaccinations were going to be available a whole lot sooner than they are. I had some hope that the border could possibly be open by Early June. At this point that is not looking real good.

I know some resorts have already canceled all reservations for 2021 after sitting through some trade organization meetings where Canadian officials indicated the border would remain closed for the entirety of 2021. It’s not looking good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.