soldFor Sale 2020 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

• fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I’d really like to get me a New to me Used truck. But the high prices of them has me keeping and driving my current one. Seeing 3 year old trucks with 80,000 + mileage and selling for Mid to upper 40’s – Its not going to happen. A new one on the 60,000-70,000 Range is also not going to happen.

As far as the original post goes. I think the asking price is not far off from what I’m seeing out there. Its got a whole lot less mileage than a look of them I’m seeing for near equal money

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

Off topic but I wish someone made a super basic truck without all the bells and whistles that are driving up the costs. Only things I need are 4WD, AC/heat, power windows/locks, cruise control and a radio with an aux port. Give me a basic bare bones truck like that and I’d be all over it.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Off topic but I wish someone made a super basic truck without all the bells and whistles that are driving up the costs. Only things I need are 4WD, AC/heat, power windows/locks, cruise control and a radio with an aux port. Give me a basic bare bones truck like that and I’d be all over it.

I just bought that but in a 3/4 ton. I need no fancy stuff in a truck. My truck is used for pulling trailers and driving in the woods. The tradesman was as basic as I could find. I could care less about the 40k in add ons, I find it to be quite the waste. And I also make good money and like nice things. My new truck is Beautiful and basic.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

You would have to get one of the Chevy or GMC work trucks. I think they only sell them in white however.

mnfisherman18
    Participant

Most major manufactures do, the F150 XL or the Tundra SR are both exactly this. Very few people are buying them, and the ones who are typically put them to work in their business.

Related to the original question, the answer is almost always start lowering the price. Make sure you have good pictures and an honest, thorough description and wait for the right buyer. Slowly lower the price if you do not get any traction; I still think she is better off going private sale than trying to trade it.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

70k for a new half ton would make me question my decisions

I agree in theory, but the reality is by the time I need a new truck in 5-10 years I’d bet we will see lightly used ones going for $70k.

To the OP she may be a little high, but I’d also recommend her posting/tagging it in the Twin Cities to reach the largest market. And reposting/refreshing the ad to optimize the ad. FWIW I couldn’t find the ad when searching specifically for it on marketplace (ie not going thru the link).

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

I spend quite a bit of time in mine for business. It’s my office on wheels so I want to be comfy, real comfy.
    Love the bells and whistles.

If I coulda got a strobe light and flag pole, I woulda. wave

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

Give me a basic bare bones truck like that and I’d be all over it.

We have a plain basic silver Silverado crew cab that was our parts delivery truck. Think its a 20 or 21. Cant have but 5 or 6k miles on it. Im sure its still sitting out on the lot.

Coletrain27
    Participant

Here you go EPG throw a flag on top and you’re set!

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

the cheapest base silverado is still $40k. I must be naive in thinking they can strip a model down even further to get cost down.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

I would start by putting the engine size in the first line.

“This v8 2020 Silverado 1500 Double LTZ 4WD is in great condition.”

I went to GMC and Chevy last week and you can’t order a 2023 with a v8 right now. They only have the high output 4 available to order. You can still find new 2022 and 2023 trucks with the v8. You just can’t pick your options. List all the packages or options that it was ordered with. Financing for me for new was 4% lower than used. Good luck with the sale.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I went to GMC and Chevy last week and you can’t order a 2023 with a v8 right now. They only have the high output 4 available to order. You can still find new 2022 and 2023 trucks with the v8.

What were the cost of the 2023’s you were looking at? what is the price difference between the V8 and the high output 4?

Ripjiggen
    Participant

With V8 Crew Cab LTZ. Can’t find a Turbo available in an LTZ anyway.
    Think they are only in LT model.

Attachments:
    1. 221AFBFB-05D7-467E-9D65-E1D0DE7A9C27.png

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

What were the cost of the 2023’s you were looking at? what is the price difference between the V8 and the high output 4?

I was finding them in the $49K to $55K with the options I couldn’t live without. V8, 4X4, off road package, and tow package. I didn’t pay any attention to the discounts they were giving in the 4. It was better financing and something like $2K-$3K off. (please don’t quote me on the discounts) To me a 4 cylinder is not even an option in a truck.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I was finding them in the $49K to $55K with the options I couldn’t live without. V8, 4X4, off road package, and tow package. I didn’t pay any attention to the discounts they were giving in the 4. It was better financing and something like $2K-$3K off. (please don’t quote me on the discounts) To me a 4 cylinder is not even an option in a truck.

That is much lower than I would have thought on a new one. I didn’t even think their base model was that low. was the one’s you were looking at the LTZ model? I’ve been seeing prices more near what Ripjiggen posted above. Most were close to the 60,000 out the door.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Lowest priced LT on Car Guru for a 23 is 52K. Lowest priced LTZ is 58k Not saying there are not better deals to be had but every option cost significant money these days.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Prices will start coming down with incentives and better interest rates. The head of GM just went on record and said they have no plans to flood dealer lots with inventory like precovid. So your best bet is to order to get what you want. GM shut down one truck plant for a few weeks now to manage inventory. Changes are a coming!

mmitties
    Participant
    SE MN

The seller put up a new ad today on FB. I told her she needed to lower the price by at least $2000 but she only went down $750. I guess she is not in a hurry to sell it. I’ve shared all the suggestions you guys had that’s all I can do. Here is the new posting I’m checking out.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1469366800138495/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ac8b538b9-e608-4977-843a-3a82ea05fde6

gregory
    Participant
    Red wing,mn

I see it has a full tank of gas that’s worth something!

MX1825
    Participant

Not interested in the truck but I have a question.
    Why are 99.9% of Chevy/GMC trucks all have jet black interior? I hate black interior!

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

There are not a lot of new trucks in the price range I am willing to spend. Like Ripjiggen said

every option cost significant money these days.

The price jumps up quickly with each option. I priced out a Chevy, GMC, and Dodge. V8, 4X4, off road package, and tow package, they all come out around $50K. Select one option and to get that option you need to get this package…. Before you know it you just add $5K-$10K to the truck. I just don’t need all those bells and whistles. For example, I don’t care what the rims look like on the truck. My wife thought I should have some cool rims. She played with the options and picked the rims she liked. Her truck came $65K

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

Prices will start coming down with incentives and better interest rates. The head of GM just went on record and said they have no plans to flood dealer lots with inventory like precovid. So your best bet is to order to get what you want. GM shut down one truck plant for a few weeks now to manage inventory. Changes are a coming!

auto interest rates are still higher than they’ve been in over 10 years, and significantly higher at that. I wouldn’t be holding my breath for them to come back to normal.

Sounds like GM is trying to artificially inflate demand by limiting supply. It will be interesting how that works out. As a few have mentioned in this thread, they aren’t able to find the truck with the options they want. I’d have to be needing a truck pretty dang bad to settle for something I dont really want while paying historically high interest rates on a $50k plus rig.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

We are never going to see normal again, but the prices will come down. Economists are all predicting an epic collapse of the economy and with that things will come crashing down. Its only a matter of time. We cannot keep up this level of printing of money and spending without a crash. Banks are already failing, but that was largely due to not being diversified in their investments, but it will continue. Cash is king now.

Netguy
    Participant
    Minnetonka

Why are 99.9% of Chevy/GMC trucks all have jet black interior?

Easier to manufacture one color.

Netguy
    Participant
    Minnetonka

I hope there is fuel stabilizer in it!!

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

We are never going to see normal again, but the prices will come down. Economists are all predicting an epic collapse of the economy and with that things will come crashing down. Its only a matter of time. We cannot keep up this level of printing of money and spending without a crash. Banks are already failing, but that was largely due to not being diversified in their investments, but it will continue. Cash is king now.

Cash is king. Exactly. If the market does collapse and implode (which many people have been predicting for a couple years now), people that can only buy a truck via a loan are likely going to have other financial things to worry about and buying a $50-$70k truck is going to be a much harder purchase to justify.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Pay cash up front and own it out right. That’s what I was taught to do and it always served me right.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MX1825 wrote:</div>
    Why are 99.9% of Chevy/GMC trucks all have jet black interior?

Easier to manufacture one color.

The vast majority of all trucks I see regardless of brand have black interiors. My wifes Denali has tan and she hates it.

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

Pay cash up front and own it out right. That’s what I was taught to do and it always served me right.

Same. Then you will never find yourself in a pinch. If I don’t have cash for it, I can’t afford it is my approach. I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night if I financed everything.

gregory
    Participant
    Red wing,mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gregory wrote:</div>

I hope there is fuel stabilizer in it!!

Good point!

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘For Sale 2020 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ’ is closed to new replies.