Flip overs

• mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

He breaks a thumb tab every trip? What is he a gorilla? I’ve had two different flipovers with them and NONE of them have broken. Same with my buddies.

No not every trip. I assume it has yo do with dragging it behind a sled with gear in it. Which I assume you don’t do. Don’t shoot me I’m just the witness. I’ve seen so many issues with both there hubs and sleds I can’t support them. The new ones look more solid. But I’m thinking day late and a dollar short. I can’t recommend them after seeing the endless issues. I get you are on the promotional side. But you gotta admit they were cheaply built for a long time. I’m not trying to insult a brand you work for I’m just speaking honestly
    [/quote]

Yeah I do store my gear in them when I’m hauling it with a sled. many times a year. And I have acknowledged many times that their quality has greatly improved over the last few years from what it was. But most of the people that talk about the low quality of clam haven’t used one over the last 3 years or it’s from a second hand source. I have a heard time buying that your buddy breaks those off multiple times a year. Especially because those tabs are covered up by the canvas when folded down.

Also I’m just on their staff. I don’t get any money or commissions from them to say this. If someone buys another brand it doesn’t effect me. I just get really annoyed by the pissing matches brand specific people always have to have. And it’s not just Clam vs Otter.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Also I’m just on their staff. I don’t get any money or commissions from them to say this. If someone buys another brand it doesn’t effect me. I just get really annoyed by the pissing matches brand specific people always have to have. And it’s not just Clam vs Otter.

People like what works for them and dislike what they have had issues with or seen issues with. Clam may be better now and thats great. I am not in the market for a new house at the moment but if I were Id take a look at them to see how much improved they are.

Coletrain27
    Participant

i had a fish trap voyager i abused hard for 10+ years and never had a problem with the poles or the pins breaking. ive never heard of a problem with them nor do i understand how you could even break them? ???

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    He breaks a thumb tab every trip? What is he a gorilla? I’ve had two different flipovers with them and NONE of them have broken. Same with my buddies.

No not every trip. I assume it has yo do with dragging it behind a sled with gear in it. Which I assume you don’t do. Don’t shoot me I’m just the witness. I’ve seen so many issues with both there hubs and sleds I can’t support them. The new ones look more solid. But I’m thinking day late and a dollar short. I can’t recommend them after seeing the endless issues. I get you are on the promotional side. But you gotta admit they were cheaply built for a long time. I’m not trying to insult a brand you work for I’m just speaking honestly

Yeah I do store my gear in them when I’m hauling it with a sled. many times a year. And I have acknowledged many times that their quality has greatly improved over the last few years from what it was. But most of the people that talk about the low quality of clam haven’t used one over the last 3 years. And I don’t buy that your buddy breaks those off multiple times a year. Sorry.

[/quote]

No need to be sorry, doesn’t bother me a bit. I’m not brand biased I own a older eskimo and a otter.
    I have no reason to make up stories, there are many many identical to his issues. I’m just stating what I’ve seen. No pissing match for me, I couldn’t care less what some one buys, I’m just telling a guy my opinion and why.
    No I haven’t been in a clam in the last 2 years, that’s where I stated a day late and dollar short. Once you see enough bad apples you veer away from that tree. I’m not dogging to just dog. Like I said in one of the first responses, they look much better then they used to. And for a plastic thumb Clip to break, well it happens. It’s plastic and it’s a tool. I can’t help it, wasn’t me. That’s probably why they sell a bunch of replacements.
    It’s to bad they only started caring about bad quality 3 years ago as you stated

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

i had a fish trap voyager i abused hard for 10+ years and never had a problem with the poles or the pins breaking. ive never heard of a problem with them nor do i understand how you could even break them? ???

I think he’s talking about the newer plastic thumb tabs they have over the push buttons.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I think he’s talking about the newer plastic thumb tabs they have over the push buttons.
    [/quote]

Yes sir. And again it wasn’t my shack. Just listen to him complain about them being broke.

grizzly
    Participant
    nebraska

I decided to go with the otter lodge, thanks for all the responses and looked at them both in person and liked the otter and also have a dealer 10 miles away if any problems. Thanks again

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I decided to go with the otter lodge, thanks for all the responses and looked at them both in person and liked the otter and also have a dealer 10 miles away if any problems. Thanks again

Thats probably the best shack on the market for size and fishability.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.