FlameKing 1lb Refillable Tanks – Do they exist anymore?

• CaptainMusky
    Participant

I go through 4-6 a night. Yeah it makes total sense for me.

Holy balls! You running a sauna? LOL

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

Someone say sauna?

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20221201-155606_Chrome.jpg

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Someone say sauna?

That’s the strangest pic I’ve ever seen kahbib in

vinella
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>
    Someone say sauna?

I was thinking the exact same thing!

3Rivers
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>3Rivers wrote:</div>
    I go through 4-6 a night. Yeah it makes total sense for me.

Holy balls! You running a sauna? LOL

No not at all. I always fish at night (after dark no sun), in a large hub. Big Buddy on high will burn through 2 tanks in 3 hours. It’s not that inconceivable on an 6-8 hour trip. Why not be comfortable?

CaptainMusky
    Participant

No not at all. I always fish at night (after dark no sun), in a large hub. Big Buddy on high will burn through 2 tanks in 3 hours. It’s not that inconceivable on an 6-8 hour trip. Why not be comfortable?

They can’t be full to start the night that seems excessive. We’ve fished in some dang cold weather and had heater on medium and they last a day or almost and that’s full days.

MX1825
    Participant

My buddy heater(single tank) will go through 2 tanks in a day of fishing.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>
    Someone say sauna?

It’s a classic that’s been floating around for a while now. That’s how they roll in Russia when they’re not wrestling grizzlies. Islam is on the far left, not sure who the other brodders are.

3Rivers
    Participant

They can’t be full to start the night that seems excessive. We’ve fished in some dang cold weather and had heater on medium and they last a day or almost and that’s full days.

Actually that’s the standard burn rate. A Big Buddy on high will use a pound of propane every 1.22 hours (2.44rs with the two tanks). On Med it’s 2.44 hours per pound (5.88hrs with 2 tanks) and on Low it’s 5.49 hours per pound (10.98hrs for 2 tanks). I don’t run it on High all night every trip, but generally switching between Med and High most nights. It takes a lot of heat for those big hubs after the sun goes down.

3rdtryguy
    Participant
    Central Mn

This is my third try to get this post to go through. So somethings going on with this site. If you can’t fill a green bomb, then you’re not gonna be able to refill one of those refillable tanks either. Go online, learn how to do it, get yourself a scale and do it right. You don’t need to mess with that little stater needle,or whatever it’s called, use an Allen wrench through the top to relieve pressure.

Netguy
    Participant
    Minnetonka

I got a text from Scheels yesterday that the 1 lb Flame King bottles are back in stock at $19.99. Ordered 2 this morning. Have at it guys.

Huntindave
    Participant
    Shell Rock Iowa

I got a text from Scheels yesterday that the 1 lb Flame King bottles are back in stock at $19.99. Ordered 2 this morning. Have at it guys.

Ordered and received mine last Monday from Scheels.

Coletrain27
    Participant

Rochester scheels had about 20 in stock Thursday

broeker
    Participant
    Minneapolis, MN

I bought the last two in stock at the Eden Prairie scheels yesterday but apparently they don’t stock the connector — anybody know of someplace that stocks those locally anywhere in the metro?

Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.