Flame King Refill Tank Leak Fix

• 3Rivers
    Participant

To preface, this is one of the greatest purchases I’ve made for both ice fishing and summer grilling. I’ve had 4 tanks for about 4 years now and added a couple more this winter. The 20lber has been relegated to storage purposes only.

Well, after about 100 refills, I was starting to see some leakage while filling the Flame King tanks. Nothing terrible, and only happened while refilling, but not ideal so I wanted to either replace them or fix them. I contacted Flame King and they sent me some O-Ring repair kits. I spent a while looking at the kit and wondering how the heck I’m supposed to fix my tanks with the supplied parts since there were no instructions. I decided to just dig in and figure it out as I went.
    Turns out it was was pretty darn easy. Now working great once again and ready for summer duty on the Weber.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I really should invest in one of those, but man when they are available they dont last long.

Sylvanboat
    Participant

I checked the website to see if there instructions on replacing the O-ring. I didn’t find any but there is an instructional manual for refilling tanks. It is divided into chapters with a quiz at the end of each one. They don’t say how well you need to score on a quiz before proceeding to the next chapter.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

They don’t say how well you need to score on a quiz before proceeding to the next chapter.

Funny. They dont require a test to reproduce yet here we are.

3Rivers
    Participant

I checked the website to see if there instructions on replacing the O-ring. I didn’t find any but there is an instructional manual for refilling tanks. It is divided into chapters with a quiz at the end of each one. They don’t say how well you need to score on a quiz before proceeding to the next chapter.

Looks like those modules are for some sort of an official certification program or corporate training.

It’s very easy and people seem to like it and are interested. My refill video has half a million views.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.