Flame King Bottles

• Tlazer

I just filled my new 6 flame king bottles using the filler I ordered from Amazon and here is what I found. The first 20# tank I tried was just about empty and didn’t work very well. I grabbed a new 20# tank and that worked like it should. I hope everyone knows the 20# tank needs to be upside down when filling the 1# tanks. I could subtly hear the gas going in the 1# tank and every so often I opened the set screw to vent out some air. After doing this 4-5 times liquid gas would vent off when I opened the set screw, then the 1# tank was full.

James Almquist

Before I even start filling I crack the set screw and only tighten when the propane starts sputtering out.

The Menards in west Duluth had 8-10 kits in stock as well as 20 or so bottles on the shelf. If you need some order online and pickup at the store just to be sure they are in stock.

gator800r

Just picked up 4 more at Menards. Check your local Menards. All the menards in my general area (southern WI) have them in stock. They won’t last long.

Attachments:
    1. FF378278-88BA-4769-A39D-6123C443CEFA-scaled.jpeg

CaptainMusky

I’m running out of talent with 2 of my bottles now. One I filled earlier and emptied it over the weekend won’t fill. The other one I had issues with and got replacement o ring for which I replaced won’t fill either. No gas leaks just not filling. Getting pretty frustrated. I’m attaching the bottles correctly with the tab in the right spot and they’re as tight as my man hands can get them but they won’t fill. Contacted support again. Starting to regret this purchase. I have 4 full tanks right now. Of those empty and I can’t fill them because of who knows what I will shoot these to the moon.

B-man

How full is your big tank?

If it’s getting low and the tank is really cold you’ll have issues, but you should still be able to get some into the tanks.

Also make sure to open your big tank slowly, and that it’s upside down (assuming it is, but just checking)

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Huntindave wrote:</div>
    What am I missing? the only hole I see in your photo is the vent hole. Are you saying the vent screw is not sealing when you close it, after the tank is full?

When I filled the tanks before nothing ever came out that hole it came out by the allen screw once it was filled. This tank will not fill now and the propane comes out that other hole when I try to fill it and the allen screw is loosened.

Musky, my apologies,
    I miss-identified which hole was the vent. You are correct, the vent is immediately adjacent to the screw.
    I honestly don’t know the purpose of the other cross hole.
    It will be interesting to hear the response from Flame King.

CaptainMusky

How full is your big tank?

If it’s getting low and the tank is really cold you’ll have issues, but you should still be able to get some into the tanks.

Also make sure to open your big tank slowly, and that it’s upside down (assuming it is, but just checking)

My tank was full before I filled the tanks the first time. Yes its upside down, but good to check. I open the tank fairly quickly I suppose so perhaps the OPD is kicking in or something. I will try more slowly. I am starting to think its something with the 20# tank itself vs the bottles, etc. The tank sits in my garage and I try and fill outside, but yes it is cold. The garage is probably 20 degrees warmer than outside so I was thinking that may lead to some issue. I wish it would warm up. It was probably 40 degrees the first time I filled the tanks. No response back from Flame King, but they were good to me with the o ring issue so its probably just short staff with Holidays. Not too worried because worst case I will just use a 5# tank or the 20# tank on the buddy.

CaptainMusky

Musky, my apologies,
    I miss-identified which hole was the vent. You are correct, the vent is immediately adjacent to the screw.
    I honestly don’t know the purpose of the other cross hole.
    It will be interesting to hear the response from Flame King.

No worries Dave! Now no propane comes out anywhere so I am making progress I think? LOL

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.