Flambeau Tributary River-Walleyes

• Jake_A
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone could give me any help or info on this…every year, I make the annual trip up to my sister’s boyfriends cabin-which is on a small river that runs into the flambeau. I was wondering the likelyhood that walleyes can be found within this river. For the past two years, I have caught too many monster smallmouth and nice northerns and muskies to count …but no walleyes. I haven’t really targeted them either. The river has some deep holes (7-10 feet), and I’m guessing that this is where all of the walleyes are…if anyone has info, please let me know. Thanks!!!

Jon Stevens
    Participant
    Northfield, Wi

I’ve caught some nice walleyes in some creeks running into the flambeau, but I’m usually within a mile of the river. If your catching smallies, northern, and musky, I would think there would be a few around. That’s the beauty of the small water fishing, you never know what could be on the other end of the line. What river is it that your fishing?

steveo
    Participant
    W Central Sconnie

They are hard to find in the summer. Go simple. Spitshot, hook and 1/2 crawler or leech in deeper holes with a lil current on it.

Jake_A
    Participant

Its called Skinner Creek. In all the times I have been up there, I have never seen another person fishing it…its pretty wild…The area of it I’m fishing is right north of Hawkins at the end of Polgar road. I would think that there would be a few in the deep holes, but I’m not for sure. I will definitely be trying for them this year. I mean, the group I go with doesn’t fish much, and every year, we land northerns and muskies in the 40-45 inch range…so I’m thinking that they must be in there somewhere. One more question…are there any catfish in any of these small rivers?

steveo
    Participant
    W Central Sconnie

Ive seen some huge cats come out of n fork. My buddy caught a 22 lber on a chigger craw 3 yrs ago. Not familiar with skinner creek. N fork or s?

Jake_A
    Participant

Skinner Creek flows into the south fork about 2.5 miles away from where the north and south fork meet…I will be up there this coming weekend, so hopefully the water level and clarity have improved…I’ve heard that its been pretty high in the area…

steveo
    Participant
    W Central Sconnie

i will be up there also but fishing n fork by Oxbo. they had over an inch of rain this morning (7/14) and more is on the way. don’t know much about s fork but the n fork is dam controlled

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.