Turtle Flambeau Flowage

• woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

Could someone that lives on or near the Turtle Flambeau Flowage comment on if there is ice forming yet? Also, in the next few weeks it would be nice to get an update every couple of days on how much ice is on the lake. I hope to ice fish it sometime around Christmas or New Years. Thanks.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

get in touch with mbenson.

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

Thanks SteveO,

I sent mbenson a PM.

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

The ice is now out on the Lake Bastine area of the TFF. Water level is about 1.5 feet below full pool and still rising with the melt from last nights 3-4″ of snow. The loons are back, so it must be spring. 14 days to the opener.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Scott:

Great to see you here in the world of IDO!!! Hope this website will serve you well!!!

Mark

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

Thanks SteveO,

I sent mbenson a PM.

Woody:

Did I ever receive your pm??? I generally don’t delete and wasn’t able to find your pm. My apologies if I didn’t reply!!!

Mark

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

Mark,
    Thanks for the Hello.

Ok boys and girls, this is the reprt of the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage.

The ice is completeley out. The water level is at about full pool.

Kathy and I stopped at Lake of the Falls last night at about 10:00 pm, April 30th, 2011. There were a number of snall males and one large female in the rapids.

The loons are back and calling at night. It was spitting snow today, but the forecast calls for a great opening day for fishing.

Experience God’s country by checking out http://www.turtleflambeauflowage.com

Have a safe and successful opening weekend of fishing.

Scott at http://www.flambeauvista.com

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

and a great opener it was!!

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

Glad to hear that SteveO. Today’s thunderstorms slowed things down a bit. See you on the water.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Scott
    I will be up a few more times this year. Heard some rough weather moved through right after opener? The week after?

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

Yes, it has been an interesting few days of weather. On Monday afternoon we had 50-60 mph east winds that took down a number of trees. This was followed by severe thunderstorms during the very early hours of Wednesday with an encore performance that afternoon. Fortunately, no one was hurt, but some places had damage the their docks and boats.

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

Why is there a thread for the Flambeau River and not the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage? Moderators, please reply.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Scott:

Have you used the PM system yet??? If not, go back to forums, then to IDO fishig videos, click on any of them, find James Holst, click on his name, then at the bottom of that page you will find a button that will say send a private message, click on that and send James a message. Probably not a big deal to just add TFF to that title… I could guess on the history, but I don’t think that is paramount to solving the issue.

Mark

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

James put the river on here at my request. Not a lot of folks fish it (their loss) . A TFF forum would be great. It would inform folks what kind of great fishing there is in that area.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I could ask Don Pemble to put an occasional repo on here. Wouldn’t hurt to steer a few folks up that way. Great walleye and smallmouth fishery. I would venture to say that the smallmouth is almost world class.

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

I have asked for a specific thread for the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage but have not heard anything further. I would post what our cabin guests are reporting.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Even if this thread were renamed to include it…

Mark

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

Tonight our guests reported some success, but it was tough with the Northeast wind and clear blue skies. Most fish were taken in the sharp bends of the natural river channel in about 20 fow with slip bobbers and jigs tipped with minnows. They got a mixed bag of walleye, jumbo perch and slab crappies, along with a cpr smallmouth.

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

The Perch, Gills and Crappies are now moving onto their spawning beds with water temps approaching 60 degrees. This may slow down with the prediction of cooler temps this upcoming week.

A great deal of fun is being had with the “football” size Smallmouth Bass that are catch and release only until June 18th this year.

The TFF is still at full pool with the rain we’ve had the past couple of days. There are a number of “floaters” out there, so be careful when boating on this pristine body of water.

Please look at http://www.turtleflambeauflowage for more info on lodging, guides and food. Life is good in God’s Country.

Scott

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

Moderators, May we please have a seperate thread for the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage?

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

There was a major mayfly hatch on the Lake Bastine area on Saturday evening, but we did not see any carcasses on our pontoon ride up the Turtle River on Sunday evening. Strange year!

It still would be nice to have a seperate spot to post reports about the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage on this website! Webmaster, please respond.
    Scott

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.