Flambeau River 7/18 thru 7/22

• steveo
    W Central Sconnie

had some great fishing on the river. smallmouth bass were on a tear as usual in July. plastics were our lures of choice. chigger craws and tubes. anything in watermelon. a group member picked up a bonus 20″ walleye and I scored a 42″ ‘ski. the muskie was caught really by accident while bass fishing. 8 lb test med/light rod and a tube. it was quite a tussle but the fish was released unharmed. the water level is low but navigable by canoe. you will need to walk it thru a few sections but very easy to do. we fished from Nine Mile to Deadman’s Slough everyday. if you want 15 to 30 smallmouth days fish that section of river. we caught several legal fish and several that were over 17″.

pool-8-lax
    La Crosse Wisconsin

What part did you fish. I am heading to the north fork by big bear log next weekend.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

we were 9 miles west of Fifield and fished almost to Oxbo. i am not familiar with “big bear log”

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

SteveO:

Great fishing!!! Do you suppose that he was talking about Big Bear Lodge??? I think that is on the north fork on “W” south of Winter… I was just over there looking at a house for a fireplace.

Mark

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.