first weekend in Oct

• steveo
    W Central Sconnie

looks like I’m getting another shot on the river before it gets too cold. I’ve never fished it this late. targeting smallies, muskies and hopefully some ‘eyes. any Fall insight would be appreciated. i’ll report when I get back

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

SteveO:

When ya going???

Mark

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I’m going to fisht the Flowage with Sabec on the 5th. We are going to canoe the river the 6th and 7th. Outside of Fifield. I saw on the other board that the flowage is down 3′ ft??!!
    That’s one of the big reasons I’m not pulling my boat up. Cheaper to fish with a guide than worry about taking out your lower unit.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

SteveO:

Going this p.m., should be interesting as I am guiding several friends for a bachelor party. She’ll be a no wake deal and probably stay in Baraboo for the most part.

Mark

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Baraboo should still be nice and deep. Give me a quick repo before Wednesday if you think about it.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

here’s a nice 20″ I popped on friday. The numbers were good on the river but not much size. i caught this on the TFF.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

SteveO:

Ended up on Clear and never made it up there to fish it as work has kept me really busy. Did well on Clear, I will post to you later as I am going to try to run my dog for a little while.

spaceman
    Cudahy,WI

Oct 11, 7 hours from Oxbo to Hwy W. snow flurries pretty much the whole way. One 27″ northern on the second cast while still above the Hwy 70 bridge, black and silver rap with red hooks. 32″ musky dragging a sucker about half way down near a spot where 3 huge boulders trangress the river, nice hole after these. Would be nice to have another put in spot along here. I think there maybe some that aren’t official ramps. Would love to hear about them if anybody knows. Spent the rest of the weekend on the Chippewa river near Exeland. Great musky bite on suckers but could only land one 37″ tiger there. The best is yet to come this fall. Good luck to all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.