3 days and counting..

• steveo
    W Central Sconnie

until I hit N WI. Got a day of walleye/smallie fishing on the Flowage and then 3 days canoeing the river.
    Anybody been on the flowage or river in the last week or so? I’m thinking low water and the fish will be stacked in the holes.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

SteveO:

You been on the other website checking out Pemble and Sabec??? I was up there the Sunday of the 4th weekend. Water is not horribly low in my eyes. Maybe only a foot or two… We did not do real well around the islands SW of Baraboo. One rocky and one decent smallie. Had a good fish hit on a slip float, but forgot about the stumps and stuff so got busted off, need to upgrade my test line, my fault, oh well….

Mark

jhalfen

There’s another website????

Water levels up here in the northwoods are indeed pretty low. A foot or so in the Hayward area, I would guess. Lots of work for the prop repair and install guys. My fishing success is so-so. Hope you have better news for us SteveO upon your return.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Mark,
    I’m fishing with Sabec for 1/2 day on Wednesday on the Flowage. A little warm up before the Flambeau River. Sounds like they have been doing well when the wind comes out of the South. Pretty typical for the Flowage. No wind and you’re dead.
    Just hope they are letting enough water in the river to float a canoe. Should be fine down where we go. It’s south of Park Falls over by Fifield. Sabec has his own website now. Drop me a pm and i’ll supply a link.
    Jason,
    I’ll be sure to post when we get back. I will have a ton of smallie pix and hopefully a couple of muskie photos.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

SteveO:

I have been on Sabec’s site. I wasn’t sure who he was, but I have met him during my basketball officiating trips to Mercer for varsity High School games. I haven’t had a chance to mention I am watching his every move via fishinfo. One of the guys I reffed with in the past has actually helped him and Don with their bigger parties. I am hoping to get up with him (Hank) this summer yet when I get back from Canada (Lac Seul) this next week. Good luck on your trip up!!!

Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.