July and water levels

• steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Going up for my annual smallie/muskie hunt 7/13 thru the 16th. Was up in the area over opener and the river levels were low. Hope there is more water in July. Any repos?

jhalfen

Steve: levels around all the Hayward area lakes are at or below summer lows. Our lake (Spider) is as low now as it would be after a long, hot, dry summer. I’ve been watching the level creep downwards for the past 3 weeks. Last week, I put a bunch of new dings in my prop trying to get between Lost Land and Teal, following a route that is perfect during a normal summer. The Hayward area got 15 minutes of rain all weekend, while the cities and much of MN got drenched.

Sorry for the bad news. Drop me a line when your trip gets closer for an update. We;ll be up for ~ 6 days over the 4th of July.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Jason
    I was afraid of that. I’ve dinged my prop in that same channel.
    Did you move anything on Teal? I like that weedbed to the left after you come out of the channel.

jhalfen

Nothing too great. Moved a mid-sized fish on the cabbage point on the north side of the big island (the one on the east half of the lake) and then popped a couple smallies casting shallow cranks to the rocks around the same island. My eye bite off the weedy humps out in the middle of the lake has yet to materialize, and normally that is very consistent for me by early summer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.