heading up July 13th

• steveo
    Participant
    W Central Sconnie

for three solid days of drifitng the Flambeau out of Nine Mile down to Deadman’s or maybe Oxbo. I’ve heard the river is a little low but very navigable by canoe. Anybody been up there lately? Smallies? Muskie action?

fish4blue
    Participant
    Holmen, WI

i’m heading up there today and will get you a report as soon as i get back. i’ll be concentrating more on the tony part of the water.

steveo
    Participant
    W Central Sconnie

looking forward to it.
    what’s the “tony” part of the Flambeau?

fish4blue
    Participant
    Holmen, WI

sorry big falls. the water is high! i would say the water level is up about two feet. we concentrated on the slower water. the shallower weeder spots showed best. we caught a few small mouths and a lot of pike with only a few walleyes on 3-way crawlers slow trolled or we sat in current. the bass and northerns were taken on buzz baits. no real big size to anything. the wind was high and rain did not help any. we talked to a couple different people and didn’t get any great tips or find what was best at biting or times. so in short, i am worthless for info. good luck!

steveo
    Participant
    W Central Sconnie

I heard they opened the dam and are letting some water out of the flowage. I hope it stabilizes in the next week. It should if they don’t get any more big storms up there.
    I don’t usually target walleye up there but have caught them. My best is a 25″ caught on a jointed Rapala.
    We are going for smallies and muskie in that order.
    Thanks for the info.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.