Fishing shoes recommendations

• Buckeye1
    Participant

Looking to replace my boats shoes for upcoming Canada trip. We are going to be on our feet a lot so comfort is a must.

I had Keen Newport’s in the past. I didn’t know if there is something better.

Thanks

jwellsy
    Participant

My feet are so wide they’re almost square. My shoes have been killing my foot lately. It felt like the side of my foot was walking on the welt. So I stopped 2 days ago at my favorite shoe store and found the most comfortable pair of shoes I’ve ever seen. These everyday shoes feel like slippers but look more like boat shoes.

About a year ago Skechers started advertising a new line of shoes on TV called Hands-Free Slip-In’s. They are finally starting to arrive at shoe stores. This store got it’s first shipment just about a month ago. They had several styles and sizes of men’s shoes. They only got in one style of women’s shoes and they sold out in a week. The men’s shoes were about half gone already.

I would suggest let your fingers do the walking and call your local shoe stores and see if they have the new Skechers Hands Free Slip Ins in your size in stock.

I plan on getting another pair and did a spot check on line and it appears some places are now taking orders for them. But, I’d rather buy shoes at brick & morter stores.

LabDaddy1
    Participant

Jwellsy- I’ve heard the radio ads for those skechers and have been very interested since

jwellsy
    Participant

Jwellsy- I’ve heard the radio ads for those skechers and have been very interested since

At least try on a pair. The one I got has a trapezoid shaped sole that distributes weight out a bit. The sole also has sort of a hinge shape at the ball of the foot so they flex really well. They certainly surpassed my expectations from the TV commercials.

3rdtryguy
    Participant
    Central Mn

I’m a Sketchers guy. I thought these were super comfortable but zero support in the front section so I passed. I have square feet also.

Jeremy
    Participant
    Richland County, WI

I don’t think the fish care what shoes you are wearing

Paulski
    Participant
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

I am am on my feet using a standing work station most of the day, and these shoes are the best for folks who stand I have been able to find. They also work great with my shoes inserts. Very hard to find at a store, so get ready to order online if you want to give them a try

Xelero Matrix – Men’s Motion Control Walking Shoe

Paulski

tim hurley
    Participant

Muck makes a nice shoe that is completely waterproof and comfortable ( I rarely fish more than 7hrs though)

ganderpike
    Participant
    Alexandria

Colombia makes a “Blood and Guts” PFG shoe that is comfortable and dare I say, stylish. Resembles a Hey Dude, and can get them on sale for darn near 50% off on the Colombia site.

Buckeye1
    Participant

Thanks for all the ideas, now to find something I like.

Deuces
    Participant

Colombia makes a “Blood and Guts” PFG shoe that is comfortable and dare I say, stylish. Resembles a Hey Dude, and can get them on sale for darn near 50% off on the Colombia site.

Since @mdmoen stated no respectable civilized man would be seen in public w crocs I got a pair of these, kick ars shoes, wear em everywhere in hot weather, currently rockin at a softball game.

And yes, I’ve gotten compliments from several women on them woot

Attachments:
    1. 20230608_181326-scaled.jpg

KPE
    Participant
    River Falls, WI

Reminds me I have to call blackfish and try to exchange my “deck boots” under warranty. Super comfy but hard to recommend when the third time I used them the pull tab ripped half the back of the boot out :/

Nodakk
    Participant

I am in my second pair of Columbia shoes as well. Love them and wear them everywhere in the summer

Sylvanboat
    Participant

WalMart carries knock off Crocs for about $15. They’re rubber, so dry quickly. Very narrow vent holes, so a flying hook won’t end up in your foot.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.