Fish Lake (Maple Grove)

• Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Has anyone launched on Fish lately? Wondering about the condition of the landing. Thanks!

Dan Baker

I tried to launch there a couple weeks ago and was turned away because my boat had water spots! I wasn’t too happy. Ended up heading to Medicine, where my water spots were welcomed.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I tried to launch there a couple weeks ago and was turned away because my boat had water spots! I wasn’t too happy. Ended up heading to Medicine, where my water spots were welcomed.

Lol water spots?!

That’s odd because both are operated by the same entity, Three Rivers Park District. Seems like if one said no, the other one would too.

I haven’t been there in about a month. It was fine then.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

That’s funny, Dan! I don’t think they have inspectors after Labor Day, especially on week days.

I hate the Medicine launch. It really needs to be dredged. It cost me a $500 prop last time.

If I recall, Fish is not so shallow. I haven’t been there all summer, but I was thinking of taking the kids on a cruise after school.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I hate the Medicine launch.

X2

The biggest issue there I encounter is the layout. There’s 2 rebuilt ramps with one freaking dock in the middle. So if someone ties up on either side of the dock to go get their truck and wait in line, that ramp is literally unusable because their rig is in the way.

Dan Baker

Yeah, I was on the phone with the Three Rivers supervisor (total Karen move) when I was going through inspection at Medicine. She wasn’t happy with the Fish Lake kid. He told me I needed to go to the self-serve car wash in Osseo and come back and show him the receipt before he would let me launch. I was not impressed.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Landing was no prob, and neither was the nice, young man at the inspector hut. rotflol

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Did you observe the water temp out there at all?

It was 70. An absolutely beautiful night.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.