First trip to LOTW!

• daddy

Heading out of the Northwest Angle to Sunset Lodge (Holst style) in late September. Looking to target mostly smallmouth. Maybe mix in a few Walleye. I don’t hear a ton of info for smallmouth fishing on LOTW in the fall. Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated! Also I was looking at buying the Woods/Rainy lake master chip for my Humminbird, but it was last updated in 2015??? I also have a Garmin with their latest Lakeview Ultra HD. Is that hummingbird chip worth a crap UP BY Sunset Lodge?

daddy

Does anyone fish Smallmouth on LOTW? HAHAHAH! I know most go for walleye, but I figured some may fish for smallies.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’ve never been to the Angle, but know you can get into pretty much any species you want up there. I’d imagine the Lodge will have a lead on where to go for smallies. Don’t forget about the crappies up there either, they’re huge!

daddy

I’ve never been to the Angle, but know you can get into pretty much any species you want up there. I’d imagine the Lodge will have a lead on where to go for smallies. Don’t forget about the crappies up there either, they’re huge!

Ive heard! Wonder how people pin point the crappie.

snelson223
    Austin MN

Humminbird chip is a lot better than the garmin maps. Not as many reefs show up on the garmin. I suppose you could take some time and create your own maps with the garmin.

daddy

Humminbird chip is a lot better than the garmin maps. Not as many reefs show up on the garmin. I suppose you could take some time and create your own maps with the garmin.

Ok, Thanks for the info!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I am there in mid September every year and we catch smallmouth while Walleye fishing. Sometimes 2:1 ratio. Crank baits on rocks in 12’ or less.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Young Eric McQuoid son of Pro tournament angler Kevin McQuoid was up there pre-fishing for a walleye tourney probably going on today…but the bass were a distraction. And this looks to be out in the basin.

Attachments:
    1. Eric-McQuoid.jpg

daddy

I am there in mid September every year and we catch smallmouth while Walleye fishing. Sometimes 2:1 ratio. Crank baits on rocks in 12’ or less.

Great! thanks!

daddy

Young Eric McQuoid son of Pro tournament angler Kevin McQuoid was up there pre-fishing for a <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye tourney probably going on today…but the bass were a distraction. And this looks to be out in the basin.

Awesome! That’s what I like to see!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.