First Time Grilling Steak! 🥩

• Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Not to get off topic, but Sharon – if you like Letterkenny, check out “Shorsey” on Hulu

I’ll check it out! I just finished watching “Justified” on Hulu (and LOVED it!!) and I need to find another new show to watch. mrgreen

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Well fellas my second time grilling steak turned out delicious last night! 😋
    I felt more confident this time and it cooked quicker since I didn’t feel the need to open the lid and poke at it every two minutes. 😅

I made parmesan garlic rice and some of my steamed garden carrots to go with it! 😁

Attachments:
    1. 20220913_175810-scaled.jpg

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Sharon your carrots are touching your steak. shock

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

John, you won’t believe it – some of the steak juices ran into the rice and I ATE IT! It was delicious! rotflol rotflol What is happening to me?

Deuces
    Participant

Can only imagine your dogs sniffers going when the grill is on, do they actually start levitating with the nose leading the way? Lol

luttes
    Participant
    Maplewood/WBL

ooohhhh that looks yummy!! Good job!

bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

Dinner at Sharon’s house……BYOB

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

A little Heinz ketchup and you would have some good eats.

IceNEyes1986
    Participant
    Harris, MN

A little Heinz ketchup and you would have some good eats.

Ketchup for the rice or the carrots? moon

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

I have a buddy that gives me the major stink eye when he makes prime rib and I ask for the ketchup. I just like it I guess.

munchy
    Participant
    NULL

Not everyone just piles the mashed potatoes and corn on top of the steak and mixes it all together? No? Just me? :shrug:

CaptainMusky
    Participant

John, you won’t believe it – some of the steak juices ran into the rice and I ATE IT! It was delicious! rotflol rotflol What is happening to me?

Our Sharon is growing up right before our very eyes! LOL I used to be like you too. I still typically eat one thing at a time however.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>John Rasmussen wrote:</div>

Your evolving into a carnivore like the rest of us. My dad used to have to have toast with steak dinner and soak up the juice from the meat plate.

MNdrifter
    Participant

Looking good Sharon. You’ll be leaps and bounds in no time!

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

LOL thanks guys! I’m still not a fan of my different foods touching, but I’m definitely loving learning how to grill meat!!! 😁🥩♨️😋🤤

stevenoak
    Participant

Neighbor is a chef. Best advice he gave me is hot cast iron grates. Sears juices in better than chrome rod grilles. Also make the cool sear lines on the steak, crisscross one if you do it right. I just use garlic pepper and a little salt. I want to taste the steak. If a waitstaff asks if I want steak sauce. I tell them you can take it back if it needs steak sauce. Surprised no one mentioned a couple pats of butter, I don’t. But cheap way to upgrade a lesser steak. You’d be surprised how many restaurants do it.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

But cheap way to upgrade a lesser steak. You’d be surprised how many restaurants do it.

Yeah a little garlic butter on the steak does wonders.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Neighbor is a chef. Best advice he gave me is hot cast iron grates. Sears juices in better than chrome rod grilles. Also make the cool sear lines on the steak, crisscross one if you do it right. I just use garlic pepper and a little salt. I want to taste the steak. If a waitstaff asks if I want steak sauce. I tell them you can take it back if it needs steak sauce. Surprised no one mentioned a couple pats of butter, I don’t. But cheap way to upgrade a lesser steak. You’d be surprised how many restaurants do it.

Cast iron pan scorching hot, well seasoned room temp steak, Ghee butter (much higher smoke point than regular butter) with fresh garlic and rosemary, sear each side and let rest in a warm oven. Best steak you can make imo!

KP
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Reverse searing a steak is my new go to. Cook in the oven on a wire rack for 15 minutes or till the steak hits 90 degrees in temp at 275. Than get a cast iron pan piping hot with some butter and sear for a minute each side. The steak will come out rare and juicy.

KP
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Not to get off topic, but Sharon – if you like Letterkenny, check out “Shorsey” on Hulu

It’s the spin-off on the Hockey character that’s always in the Lockeroom bathroom – it’s fantastic. Grill-up another steak, flip on the TV and get ready to laugh.

“For What”

Love that show!

Viewing 20 posts - 31 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.