Fire Ban

• Chad Thompson
    Participant
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Due to the super dry conditions, NW Ontario has a ban all fires. Its currently illegal to have open fires in our region.

Be careful up here this year. The water levels are down significantly and it’s beyond dry.

Have fun, be safe and good luck!

Attachments:
    1. fire-ban.jpg

bigpike
    Participant

Wow, that sucks. Love fishing Nipigon, the more water in the lake, the better my best spots. Hope we get moisture so we can have a camp fire or that also will be a downer…..

bigpike
    Participant

Looks like the fire ban was lifted a few days ago toast and while the lake is still low compared to the last couple years it is rising nicely. Leaving with my daughter and nephew in T minus 5 day’s and 19 hours and 28 minutes.

doorman
    Participant

I was up over Memorial Weekend. Ban was lifted. Unfortunately because it rained every day we were there. Water is very low. The water in front of Poods Camper was only 3inces deep. Very hard to launch boats.Seemed to be rising but plan on low water.
    Not to low to catch fish though! Good luck.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20160530_140908242.jpg

2. IMG_20160530_140812934.jpg

Chad Thompson
    Participant
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Yes – given the monsoon conditions of the last week and a half, the ban is lifted. Now we just need a boat to float down the logging roads!

bawling

bigpike
    Participant

Yes – given the monsoon conditions of the last week and a half, the ban is lifted. Now we just need a boat to float down the logging roads!

bawling

Cant win for trying Chad!

Thanks for the update Dan. Looking forward to seeing your Dad.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.