Federal Super Carry 30 Cal

• John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Anyone else thinking of trying one out? Been doing some research and it sounds like an overall winner of a carry round. Only available by Smith and Wesson and Night Hawk Custom for now. Sounds like similar penetration as 9mm just slightly smaller diameter so more capacity in the mag.

CaptainMusky

That does look interesting. The round that has intrigued me a lot recently is the 5.7×28. Previously it was only available from FN (made famous by Call of Duty video games), but now there are at least 3 manufacturers. Palmetto State Armory and Ruger both make it. The FN is SUPER expensive, but the others are far cheaper. The PSA one has a 23 round mag while the other two only hold 20. Something to check out. This is the round that armored trucks carry along with the secret service since it can go through bullet proof glass.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Sounds interesting. When Glock chambers for it I might take it seriously. )
    However it seems pretty weird introducing a new caliber when ammo has been so hard to find and expensive. I would automatically assume this ammo to be impossible to find.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

The 5.7×28 is an awesome round. An absolute blast to shoot!

We are almost in full production of the mag (23 rnds) and a few other internals for Palmetto & Ruger. Can’t wait to get my hands on one for myself.

Attachments:
    1. Palmetto-5-7X28-Mag-scaled.jpg

CaptainMusky

The 5.7 is an awesome round. An absolute blast to shoot!

We are almost in full production of the mag (28 rnds) and a few other internals for Palmetto & Ruger. Can’t wait to get my hands on one for myself.

Nice! I cant believe how much the PSA one costs! Its under $500. Compared to the FN which is well over a thousand. Ammo is not cheap however. With more manufacturers making the guns, it should get ammo companies to up the ante too. I heard PSA may start making ammo too.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Nice! I cant believe how much the PSA one costs! Its under $500. Compared to the FN which is well over a thousand. Ammo is not cheap however. With more manufacturers making the guns, it should get ammo companies to up the ante too. I heard PSA may start making ammo too.

Yes, they are a little on the high side for price. BUT, nothing compared to the Atlas 9mm & 40cal. mags we make! Oofta, they are ripe in price.. I guess that’s what you get for a competition pistol. They are amazingly smooth though and very comfortable!

CaptainMusky

Everything I have seen is its very little. My buddy has an FN 57 and he says at 20 yards you can unload the mag as fast as you pull the trigger at 20 yards and hit a pie plate every time even if you dont shoot often. It also travels over 2000 feet per second! Its like shooting a mini-rifle round.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

How is the kick on it?

The recoil is next to nothing. The mag we are making for PSA is for both Palmetto & Ruger pistols.

TH

I always wonder how many rounds you need in a carry gun. I guess I’ve never heard anyone say they wish that they had 2 more rounds. Maybe because they’re dead? I would think a 9mm is overall a better round as it allows more practice due to cost. Maybe if you practice more, you won’t need those extra 2 rounds!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I always wonder how many rounds you need in a carry gun. I guess I’ve never heard anyone say they wish that they had 2 more rounds. Maybe because they’re dead? I would think a 9mm is overall a better round as it allows more practice due to cost. Maybe if you practice more, you won’t need those extra 2 rounds!

Lol, I can hit the paper just fine with my 9mm thanks. The idea is better concealment, and if I can have more rounds all the better. I like carrying my G43 because it’s small and conceals well. Still trying to find the right holster for my P365xl. With the G43 it only holds 6+1 so if not racked your basically carrying a revolver. I for now will stick with my 9, but think this round may catch on.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

I would have to find the statistic, but I read somewhere that something like 90% of defensive/CCW situations are done in 4 rounds fired or less. I carry my P365XL with a 12 round mag and a spare magazine which equates to 24 rounds.

I don’t believe going from 24 to 28 rounds on my person is going to make or break my situation in a gun fight.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.