February 2024 IDO Gathering!

• Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Whelp I think it’s time to coordinate another IDO Gathering! The recent gathering in August up in Blaine was an absolute BLAST and such a good turn out, I’m thinking another northern-ish location would be preferred? Anyone have any suggestions on a location? Let’s aim for sometime in February… possibly Saturday, February 17th would be a fun day!

For those unfamiliar with the IDO Gatherings, these are for anyone who wants to come and say “howdy”, whether you’re part of IDO Fishing, Hunting, Ice, or all three (or even just a lurker!). Hesitant to come because you don’t really know anyone? That’s the PERFECT reason to come say hi and have a burger or a beverage! These gatherings are unofficial and just meant to be a fun way for anyone who wants to gather and meet fellow IDOers, and have a chance to visit in person. toast

Attachments:
    1. IDO-Gatherings-Collage.jpg

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Try forest lake area ? Plenty of guys up in that area. Otherwise it’s a easy 20 minute drive from the metro. And it’s pretty middle ground for north and metro. There are plenty of places for a beer and burger. Even right on the lake.

Pizza pub is on the lake. The lone oak is on the lake and another one or 2 that’s close by.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

I am hoping to be on the ice most weekends with the slow start. However would love to attend so keep me posted. As far as locations, we could think of Short Stop in Coon Rapids, they have killer burgers. Its kind of a dive and not sure if there would be enough room.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

These are always a lot of fun. I will try to make it no matter what is chosen.
    As always, Sharon you are the best.

Pailofperch
    Participant
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

If there was ice, we could be on a lake grilling, drinking, and watching tip-ups!
    But yeah…… Kinda need the ice for that. coffee

Maybe everybody bring a couple wood pallets with and we’ll just build a party barge! yay

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

The last one was fun to attend. Like others, good ice may limit my ability to attend. With the current situation, there may be a rather limited # of days to get on the ice this year. Wherever you decide, I’ll try my best to attend.

bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

I see they have some good deals on airfare to Mexico in February. Possibility of the first Mexican IDO get together? Off shore fishing?

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I see they have some good deals on airfare to Mexico in February. Possibility of the first Mexican IDO get together? Off shore fishing?

Count me in !!! I love Mexico. Just the excuse I need to make another trip there. That said, an all inclusive with unlimited free drinks could get ugly with some of this Crew jester

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Cazenovia, WI???

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

I know a lot of guys might be out ice fishing that day, but that’s why I try to coordinate gatherings at different times of the year. Can’t catch everybody! chased

Deuces
    Participant

That one year we had a sturgeon gtg on the Croix, eelpouts otter popup got pretty full as I recall. That was a good time, think it was first time someone brought up a livescope which was just coming out at the time and how crazy we all thought that was.

I agree w John, ice window is small and will be tough to get fellas other than the normal crew to show up on a fishable weekend this year. But cheers to those who make it as I wont be available for the 17th. toast

unlimited free drinks could get ugly with some of this Crew

Usually they get prettier w more drinks doah

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Usually they get prettier w more drinks

Sounds like someone spent a fair amount of time in bars wearing beer googles grin

Jimmy Jones
    Participant

I might get Ma to come to that one. Not much to do at that time of year and she might be tired of being house bound. We’ll see.

chuck100
    Participant
    Platteville,Wi.

Cazenovia would be a good choice for one Randy.

LabDaddy1
    Participant

Usually they get prettier w more drinks doah

You saying all I have to do is drink more to become more attractive?

I’d still really like to make it to one of these.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

You saying all I have to do is drink more to become more attractive?

It probably wouldn’t hurt. jester

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

Short Stop in Coon Rapids, they have killer burgers. Its kind of a dive and not sure if there would be enough room.

one of my favorite bars of all time. My wife grew up just a few blocks down. great burgers and tater tots and the perfect dive feel

Youbetcha
    Participant
    Anoka County

Isnt short stop the one that was on bar rescue?

Biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Isnt short stop the one that was on bar rescue?

Don’t think so. You might be thinking of SRO.

stillakid2
    Participant
    Roberts, WI

Not that anyone is dying for me to show up but I happen to be off that day! Have vehicle, will travel… and try not to forget my schedule this time!

Ron S
    Participant

I just found my long lost PW (again )and thought I’d check for any updates on the get together.

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

PY’s Osceola Wisc.

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Where did January go! rotflol

Let’s plan on gathering at The Lone Oak Grill.
    55 Lake St S
    Forest Lake, MN 55025

Saturday, February 17th at noon.

Please RSVP so we know about how many are coming! mrgreen

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

doah I had fun at the last one meeting a bunch of good people, but won’t make this one. I’ll be at the cabin on what nay be my last ice adventure crazy

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

I also plan to be on the ice that weekend. If plans change I will shoot you a message Sharon. Thanks for setting these things up, you are truly the best. waytogo

Ron S
    Participant

Sharon, I’m RSVP’n if that’s a word, count me in.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Gotta date in NC that weekend.

They are fun to go to though and I kinda like the Mexico idea. waytogo

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.