Quick Venison chop Recipe

• fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I have a Fresh full Loin I want to cook up for the family tonight. Anyone have a quick easy recipe to try. Not sure if I want to cook whole or slice and cook. Open to any ideas’s.

dennisdalan
    Participant
    St Cloud, MN

Old reliable.

Dust the chops with seasoned flour. Fry in butter until medium rare. Serve with mushrooms and or onions and fried potatoes.

rushcreek
    Participant
    Minnesota

Combine the following to create a marinade
    1/3 cup italian dressing
    1/3 cup honey
    1/3 cup bbq sauce

Let chops sit in marinade for at least 1/2 hour. Then place marinade and chops into frying pan and simmer (medium low) until the marinade turns into a thick honey bbq texture. Serve with the sauce. Trust me, this is good and easy as it gets.

mbenson
    Participant
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Stroganoff, medallions served with virtually any sauce you have ever seen with beef, as simple as Dennis did… wrapped in bacon and grilled Medium rare

Mark

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Just cooked this up on Sunday. Rave reviews.

-4TBSP butter
    -1 TBSP rosemary
    -1 large onion cut into slices
    -1 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
    -Salt seasoning of choice to taste
    -Black pepper to taste

Dry tenderloins completely. Season liberally if thick. I used seasoning salt, cracked pepper, and rosemary (light on this it goes a long way, maybe a TBSP for two loins).

Fry onions in butter slowly to caramelize. Once onions are 1/2 way done, fry loins in same pan to rare/med. rare. Pull loins off the pan constantly to slice off medallions from the thin ends. This will ensure that all medallions are not overdone! Cover with foil between.

Once thickest chunks of meat have been cooked and sliced into medallions, add onions and toss whole works in 2 TBSP parsley butter or 2 TBSP butter and one TBSP fresh chopped parsley for two loins.

Simple and incredible.

Joel

caincando1
    Participant
    Dodge Center, MN/Alma,WI

Quote:

Combine the following to create a marinade
    1/3 cup italian dressing
    1/3 cup honey
    1/3 cup bbq sauce

Let chops sit in marinade for at least 1/2 hour. Then place marinade and chops into frying pan and simmer (medium low) until the marinade turns into a thick honey bbq texture. Serve with the sauce. Trust me, this is good and easy as it gets.

I tried this last night and really liked it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.