I love venison

• dank
    Minneapolis, MN

if I am understanding you correctly you are able to get into msn when you tyoe it in the internet address line but when you click the msn favoirite link it doesn’t work.If this is the case I would just type http://www.msn.com to the address link and then save it as a new favorite and delete the old one. let me know if this works.

Where are you trying to do this from? your work computer, home, etc…. there might be some firewalls too that are preventing you from doing it.

craighaz
    altoona,wi

its my home computer. If i click on my msn icon to log in to msn explorer thats when i get that message. if i go through internet explorer i can get to my mail through there but all my favorites are on the msn explorer.

Bassn Dan

Microsoft released a large number of “critical updates” last week and I would guess that one of those may have changed your settings and caused a conflict.

A one of things you could do would be to use the “System Restore” feature to restore your system to a date prior to this problem occurring. System Restore doesn’t affect your data, but you will need to reinstall any recently installed software or updates. If you do this, be sure that you reinstall your critical updates ONE at a time so that you can see which update causes your problem.

Another possibility would be to see if your “Favorites” are on your hard drive in the “Documents and Settings” folder and copy them into Internet Explorer.

Good luck.

Dan

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

NOTE: This WILL likely cause loss of favorites/cookies.

Open your control panel. Open Add & Remove Programs. Open Add Remove Windows components(on the left). Uncheck MSN explorer. Close all the way out. Reboot.

Follow the same steps, re-add MSN by checking the box. Run windows update.

Good luck!!

craighaz
    altoona,wi

thanks for the tips i tried system restore and it didnt work so i completly uninstalled msn and reinsalled and it work so it must have been corrupted or something.

todders
    Shoreview, MN

I have been blessed the past six years of my life with a beautiful woman named Rachel who loves to cook and has fully embraced preparing any wild game that I am fortunate enough to bring home! She understands my passion and is able to incorporate into hers, it truly is the definition of a win/win situation for us. We have tried venison in many different fashions and there is no limit to what she can accomplish in the kitchen, so many options besides steaks and burgers! Rachel is an excellent writer and recently published a piece about venison in the link below! Just thought at this time of year there are a lot of full freezers and it is no fun to grill when you can’t feel your fingers.

http://simplegoodandtasty.com/2011/12/06/venison-mash-one-girls-love-for-the-minnesota-meat

mitch_otto

I will be making that in the near future! Looks delicious!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Very nice article and dish !!! I think our wives would get along marvelously

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Atta girl Rachel!! I’ve been lucky enough to have a few of Rachel’s creations. All have been top notch to this point!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

What a great read and the recipe looks good too! She’s a very talented writer! It’s easy to see that you’ve had a positive influence on Rachel in regard to hunting and what it means to so many hunters.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Rachel and Todd have Spoiled me over the summer and fall With Rachel’s fantastic cooking Todd… You are one Lucky Guy

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Quote:

Very nice article and dish !!! I think our wives would get along marvelously

Nice Big G , the girlfriend loved this comment!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Todders:

Picture please!

Joel

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Oh, there’s one in the article, great stuff – thanks for sharing!

Joel

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Last night I made it a way my brother showed me many years ago. Cut up roast into thick silver dollar sized pieces. Pound (tenderize) each piece on both side with edge of a small plate. Really cut the meat fibers. Ends up flattening out and nearly doubling size of piece. Bread with favorite seasoned flour. I used Andes last night which is mostly corn meal with seasoning. Deep fry. My wife called it deer candy. It’s also very good cold but unfortunately we dont have any cold.. And this was no small venison roast.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.