Fat and Healthy Ice Out Rainbows – Tiger Trout

• Tyler Thimsen

I love Ice Out fishing up in the mountains.

I was up at Vega Reservoir the other weekend (4/17) and got to fish the dam wall with just enough water to cast in. Typically timing this type of fishing is a really hot bite and today wasn’t too far off from that.

Lots of fat rainbows and cutbows and even a surprise TIGER trout catch. Wasn’t expecting that and didn’t know they were even in there??? Wonder if they put some in there? Bucket Biology? or if there is a creek that one snuck out of that flows from the Mesa? Either way was happy to get it…Healthy and about 14″, put up a very nice fight!

Moving baits is our way of targeting the trout during these times, and I don’t think we had much of a choice as the wind was pretty brutal most of the time we were there. 2″ Swimbaits got the job done and we took several trout home for dinner. Can’t wait until more lakes start thawing out, higher up🎣🎣 Enjoy the pictures and video below!

Attachments:
    1. SnapShot20-1.jpg

2. SnapShot19-1.jpg

3. SnapShot18-1.jpg

4. SnapShot17.jpg

5. SnapShot16-1.jpg

6. SnapShot25.jpg

7. SnapShot26-1.jpg

8. SnapShot22.jpg

Tyler Thimsen

Beautiful tiger

Thanks man! Happy to get that for the first one of 2022…Even if it wasn’t supposed to be in there haha

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.