Faribault Area Lakes

• Dan
    Southeast MN

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Just looking to see if anyone has any recommendations for lakes in the Faribault area. My family has received a great opportunity at a boat from a family friend so I’ve got the chance to get out on a boat now. I live in between Red Wing and Rochester so other than the river the next closest area with waters is the Faribault area.

Not looking for anyone’s secrets or hidden spots, just looking for some recommendations or suggestions for the area. We went out on Roberd’s yesterday, tried all kinds of different things with little results, but it was a good first day with the boat and great weather. Didn’t sound like anyone else we talked to on the lake was catching much either, but we got to fish in the sun without baking on a very pleasant day.

brad-o
    Mankato

If you don’t mind pike there are some great lakes to fish. We usually toll the weedlins with shad raps. After we find fish then we back off and throw 1\2-3\4 swim jigs with paddle tails. There are also some great largemouth lakes to.

Dan
    Southeast MN

That’s good to hear, I love catching pike for a variety of reasons.

About ten years ago I was home on leave from the army and caught a few real good-sized pike and I’m thinking it was Cedar Lake but I’m not positive. It seems like Cedar, Shields, and French are what I keep hearing for the better lakes in the area.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.