Fall Fishing Otter Tail

• Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Wow does it feel like Fall today…temps in the 40’s this morning and 20+mph north winds aren’t exactly what I would call acceptable for this time of year. But, the cooler temps ensure that water temps will be dropping and the fish will begin their feeding frenzy.

Any of you river rats and open water trollers feel like switching it up a little this fall? Wanna’ try long-lining big minnows or jigging steep breaks or humps? Otter Tail offers both. And yes, trolling cranks also produces fish if you don’t like change…

The bite should once again be consistent once this front moves on out. This past Spring and Summer we had one of the most consistent bites in 20 years, and there’s no reason that shouldn’t continue into the Fall.

Though walleye’s are the main focus of most Fall fisherman, Otter Tail also produces numbers of quality perch and northern pike. There is a 30″ minimum on northern’s, and this year I have finally started to see some of the effects of that, as there have been several mid-30″ fish caught by our guests, with the biggest right at 40″.

So here’s the deal. If you want to try Otter Tail this Fall, I am offering a FREE night to those that make reservation’s for a 3-night stay. I will also throw in FREE boat lift rental to those getting this info. from IDO, so mention that when you call. 2-bedrooms are just $110/night and 3-bedrooms are $180/night. We are open thru early October, but do keep a 3-bedroom open all year for hunters and ice fisherman as well.

Looking forward to meeting some new faces, and seeing some familiar ones as well this fall. Call me at 800-495-5826 or email me at [email protected] if you have questions or would like to make a reservation. Or you can PM me here on IDO.

Trev

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

My wife says this weather is “icky.” Then why does it make me so happy?

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

They just don’t understand do they…IMO, the best 3 months of the year are upon us!

loren_keizer

Trev, are you still getting out? Could you shoot me an email at [email protected] ? I’ve got a couple quick questions for you.

I was out a few weeks ago, lake seems low but did find a few biters.

Attachments:
    1. 20151107_174629.jpg

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Sent you an email.

Trev

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.