Fall fishing in Nebraska…hard to beat!

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Especially when fish like this are out there on the move, eating everything in sight. New PB flathead went 49″x30″, which is about 56 1/2 pounds according to a chart found here on IDO. We’re comfortable calling it 55. Whatever it was, I can’t believe I got him in on a slab spoon, and can’t believe he didn’t fall out of the net. Hope I get to do this again sometime.

Attachments:
    1. ResizedImage_1413346007014.jpg

2. unnamed.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Looks like Garvers spot. )

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Holy smokes that’s a big fish!

Brian – if you ever need a boat partner or two give BK and me a shout. I’d love to try that trolling presentation you have going for those big flats.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I haven’t been to NE for a while… <whistling>

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

You bet guys, c’mon down! Although this one wasn’t caught trolling, we did land a 44 pounder recently on a Flicker, and lost a few others. I know Garver has lost more than a few lately on cranks as well. If we get a hot summer next year, hotter than what we had this year, I expect more good things in a few spots. The heat seems to be key, the hotter the better.

As for being Garver’s spot….well….maybe…. ;)

whitetips2

GGGGGRRRRREAT FISH, Brian!!!!!!

I will bet that fish weighed at least 55 pounds.

Jigging up any walleyes yet?

Daryl B.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Thanks Daryl! The scale said 49-50, the chart suggests 56 1/2. They caught another today that went 58, which matched the measurements and that’s what the scale said, so I’m fearful mine may be downgraded. But was still something I glad I did, and will keep trying for that 81 pounder!

Did slab up a few walleyes, but nothing crazy. Nothing the day of the flathead. Did manage 2 walleyes on slabs at Harlan, a 22″ trolling, and lost a nice one on the dam one a crappie jig. Always fun there when the wind starts blowing!

jebb-hatch
    Kearney, Nebraska

Impressive fish.

What is the water temp. at the local reservoirs? Looks like next week won’t cool them down much.

whitetips2

Impressive fish.

What is the water temp. at the local reservoirs? Looks like next week won’t cool them down much.

All I can tell you is what I have, mid-50’s to 60 on the waters I have fished in the past week+; waters from central to eastern Nebraska.

Daryl B.

jebb-hatch
    Kearney, Nebraska

Thanks guys. I have only been to local sandpits lately and they were in the low 60’s. I was a little surprised they weren’t cooler.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Real gradual cool down we’re having this fall, and I’m liking it. I just hope it doesn’t crash later and close our already small window.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.