Facebook help

• wkw

A few days ago I stopped receiving posts to my Home page from friends and family for no reason that I can tell. I’ve tried logging out/in, system restore, clearing history, cookies ,etc.
    Changed password. Still only get a post from a couple different sites. Nothing from the likes of
    BrianK, Dean Marshall, RRR and a lot more. Can somebody tell what to do ?
    Thanks, WKW

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nothing from the likes of
    BrianK,

I’m not sure i would be complaining about that. coffee

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I experienced the same thing. I can’t find a fix.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

You needs to go into each of your friends FB pages and like or follow them. If you are a user who basically reads posts and never like them or reply to them, those people eventually go away. (New algorithm FB put in recently.)

On the flip side, if you are now seeing post from people you have no clue who they are or why they are showing up in your feed, go up to the right hand corner of the post (Where you see the ” . . .” and select not to see them. (For example, if you are seeing political post from a party you would never vote for, you can make those go away forever.)

What I see some people doing is creating a new post and asking all of their friend to “Like or Reply” to it. Then those people start showing up in your feed again.

-J.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

That might work for others, but not for me. I am having a different issue.

wkw

Didnt work for me either

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Dave? Do you have a FB account? rotflol

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Dave? Do you have a FB account? rotflol

Oh yeah, I have facechat, instaweb, snapgram, all the good ones!

deertracker

Great, now BK will unfriend me…
    DT

Sharon
    Dakota County, MN

On Facebook you are able to be friends with someone without following them. If you don’t follow someone you won’t see their posts in your news feed. Check to make sure you’re following the folks you think you should be seeing posts from. Are you using Facebook App (smartphone) or their website (computer)? Below is a visual of using Facebook’s website, illustrating that I’m friends with and following BK. But the image in the lower section shows someone with whom I am friends but that I do not follow (too much political BS).

One handy feature with using Facebook’s website is that you can click on your friends list and view “New Posts”. This will show you a list of your friends who have posted recently. If you’ve been missing anyone’s post that you are indeed following, you should interact with their posts on occasion as mentioned above by either reacting to it (like, love, laugh, etc.) or comment on it so that the person’s posts show up more often in your news feed.

Attachments:
    1. Image.jpg

wkw

Thanks Sharon.

milemark_714

I stopped posting pictures on FB,they seem to fall into the abyss.Picture is what FB does when contacted.

Attachments:
    1. 2ugf614.gif

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I reviewed my friends and i am still following them all. But still only seeing posts from two people I follow, a comedian and Ben Shapiro.

Going on a week, we shall overcome, Eagan strong

Deleted

Facebook is the devil!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Very good Sharon!! Great answer and graphics!

When did we become friends???

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I reviewed my friends and i am still following them all. But still only seeing posts from two people I follow, a comedian and Ben Shapiro.

Going on a week, we shall overcome, Eagan strong

Did you see the last post I tagged you in? tongue

-J.

Sharon
    Dakota County, MN

When did we become friends???

Too long ago to count! But officially on Facebook as of October 31, 2012. mrgreen

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Just did and I liked it too!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Still hosed up, but my dog’s account is just fine. Yes, my dog has an account too.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

First wine recommendations and now FB how tos?

WTF is going on around here?

Millennials are slowly taking over!!! Don’t make me start watching Fox news to just hang with the good ol boys hah

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Does this mean I have to trade my blue jeans in for the metro look and start preening myself? I will not stop shopping at Fleet Farm!

wildbeaver
    Inactive

My facebook is full of people asking what drill is the best for a K Drill. How do I stop seeing that?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Anyone have a fav manicure and pedicure shop?

rmartin
    United States

My facebook is full of people asking what drill is the best for a K Drill. How do I stop seeing that?

Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of the ad and choose one of the options.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.