F150 Timing Chain Fix?

• dirk-w.
    Minnesota

I’ve got the dreaded cold start, timing chain issue going on in my 2013 F150. I live in Hastings and was wondering if anyone had a mechanic in the area they thought would do a good job on this. It seems like it might be a dealer issue as a lot of places I’ve talked to don’t even want to look at a job this big. I’ve never dealt with Hastings Ford before On something this major. Apple Valley Ford wants me to drop my car off and it’s one to three days just to get them to look at it. Any suggestions for the Hastings area?

hillhiker
    SE MN

As far as dealers go I’ve had better luck with Red Wing Ford than I have Hastings. Whitey’s in Hastings is another good option. He does a great job, and normally turns things around in a hurry.

Ron S

Dirk I’m in Hastings too. Try Whitey. He is in back of the R V rental place on Hgwy 61 just south of the 316 split. Had good luck with him good guy, fair and will treat you decent.

404 ERROR
    MN

Rambling River Repair in Farmington. Don’t let the small shop vibe kill you, Bill is a VERY honest guy and has a knack for Fords.

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

Rambling River Repair in Farmington. Don’t let the small shop vibe kill you, Bill is a VERY honest guy and has a knack for Fords.

Yup. Good guy and I already talked to him. He said it was too big of a job for his one man show.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

A bit more of a drive but D repair in Woodville WI can do this at a reasonable price.

the_hat
    SE Metro

Lamotte auto in Newport has been doing a few things for us lately, honest and straightforward for sure. May be worth a call.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Dealerships will burn you every chance they get. Been there, done that….
    Find an independent.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Got a small, highly recommended, highly recommend reputable, shop in the far north metro that would do it. Elite Auto Repair in Ham Lake. This guy knows fords too.

404 ERROR
    MN

Yup. Good guy and I already talked to him. He said it was too big of a job for his one man show.

That’s too bad. Known Bill and his family for years. I think he’s getting to the point where he wants the easy jobs ahead of retirement! Can’t blame him.

Umy
    South Metro

I use Murgics in Rosemount. 3rd generation late model driver, honest as the day is long. Met him when he and my brother in law were racing together.
    Good guy. Been going there since late 90’s

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.