F-150 Lightning

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

we’ll all be drinking that free Bubble Up and eating that rainbow stew

That is a perfectly placed Merle Haggard reference, and I felt it deserved to be notated! toast toast You win today.

Reef W

And the electricity to charge up these batteries comes from where ? I’m betting a coal or nuke power plant.

Both of which are more efficient and cleaner than an ICE vehicle. Energy production will also keep getting even cleaner as time goes on.

Reef W

Where is the tax for roads going to come from?

A lot of states already have EV fees, MN is $75/yr currently. Eventually there will be a federal fee too I would guess.

big_g
    Isle, MN

In California, they have Flex Alerts, and are asking people not to charge their electric vehicles during peak times, 5-10PM, because the grid cannot support it. That’s with less than 2% of the vehicles electric, in the state. Can you imagine the grid when they get to 20% or 50% ? There will be no such thing as Off Peak.

bigpike

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ClownColor wrote:</div>
    Actually, these are going to be HUGE in the work force.

You’ll be seeing these taking over the states vehicle fleet. Contractors will be running these, construction sites, hwy depts, companies, or anywhere with limited mileage but access to overnight charging (not being used) and these will sell Like hot cakes!

It’ll be a while for the general public though.

Unless they’re able to run the Air Conditioning for an 8 hour shift the unions won’t be looking at them. jester

The head of the unions will need there cut also.

munchy
    NULL

In California, they have Flex Alerts, and are asking people not to charge their electric vehicles during peak times, 5-10PM, because the grid cannot support it. That’s with less than 2% of the vehicles electric, in the state. Can you imagine the grid when they get to 20% or 50% ? There will be no such thing as Off Peak.

I’ve always thought it would be an excellent business to build Nuke plants near the border of Kali and sell power to them at an inflated rate.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I ‘spose government emissions control testing will help bring more electrics to the highways as well.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I got me
    a honey bee
    deposit down on one.

Dink buster

Ford is really taking it to GM and whom ever makes Ram now. We are headed towards having 1 US auto manufacturer sooner rather than later.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Ford is really taking it to GM and whom ever makes Ram now. We are headed towards having 1 US auto manufacturer sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately that will never happen and also Ford doesn’t make cars anymore besides the Mustang.

I just hope they continue to make a gas trucks in my lifetime. Gas has been used in vehicles over a 100 years and I will never trust an all electric vehicle in the winter.

Gregg Gunter

Could a guy bring a generator and charge the vehicle off grid?

Neal Keeling

I’ve been watching EV fairly closely lately. I own a parts store and run a delivery van 25K+ miles a year. As soon as Ford comes out with the Transit Connect in EV I will own one. I’ll just trade my $300 dollars in gas for a vehicle payment and have very little maintenance. Run it for 100K and start over. I don’t think I want an EV for my personal truck, but in the correct setting they make very good sense.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.