Possible New WI State Walleye Record!!!

• mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I know nothing more than a guy that posts on fishinginfo.com reported that a 19.4# walleye was caught on Green Bay last night.

Here is his post: “Just saw a pic of the new state record walleye caught last nite in the bay of GB….19.4 #’s,,,35.2 inches…….what a sow….the angler is waiting for DNR confirmation as i type….”

That is all I know for now…

Mark

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Can’t wait to see the pictures if it turns out to be real.

FDR

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Someone found my stash of sinkers.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

hey mark
    I bet the new WI record muskie comes out of Green Bay someday.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

hey mark

I bet that a 70lb Muskie has never been or will ever be caught from green bay or elsewhere they just don’t get that big.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Quote:

hey mark

I bet that a 70lb Muskie has never been or will ever be caught from green bay or elsewhere they just don’t get that big.

Thats funny!

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

World record muskie–that is easy, Green Bay

My reason for that is: now,this is not politically correct—-it is one of the only waters NOT winter speared for muskies by the native americans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After hearing what happened last winter at deer lake with all the huge muskies that were speared, I know I wouldn’t waste my time muskie fishing there

Can’t wait to see the walleye pic!!

Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

After hearing what happened last winter at deer lake with all the huge muskies that were speared, I know I wouldn’t waste my time muskie fishing there

Polk County?

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Doc, what do you think the WR Muskie is now?

Also I think there’s 5 or 6 bodies of water that you’d have a better shot at a 60lb Muskie than Green Bay like Georgin Bay, St lawrance river, Lac Seul, Eagle and parts of LOTW all of these lakes have given up 60lbers Green Bay never has.
    Not trying to fight just MHO

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

I had a pic on my wall couple years back from outdoor life-was a muskie caught preseason on the Fox river from a walleye guy jig fishing. The fish was released and the WNDR estimated the weight of the fish at 74 pounds. If you do a search, the outdoor life blurb was a number of years ago. Great lakes strain fish seem to have the amount of water and food sources to have a chance to get that big. Those other waters seem logical as GBay.

Yes, Polk county for the Deer lake spearing-just like they spear northerns in MN. Under treaty rights, Native Americans have the right to spear fish thru the ice and muskies are a prime target. You and I have closed seasons, length limits, daily bag limits for the good of the resource, and how many muskie guys practice catch and release(90% plus, I would venture to guess)–I really don’t mind their rights, but they are NOT the same rights as mine.
    Thought this was the land of all being equal?????????????????????????

enough of my soapbox on this one.

starkj25

HAHA WIDNR estimated it to be 74lbs, Hopefully it wasnt the same group of people that estimate the deer population, hard telling how big it actually was.

james_walleye
    rochester, mn

Prolly a little easier to guess the weight of a muskie than the deer herd population dont you think?

Just got back from Green Bay and caught my first ever muskie pulling flickershads for walleyes. 37″. We spanked the walleyes, what a great fishery.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Well, Green Bay is just like Georgian Bay from the stand point that the’re both part of the great lakes system, they both have access to large quantities of forage, and access to vast areas of open water.

I have a buddy that hails from that part of the state and all he talks about is how good a fishery GB is. There are Tons of Whitefish, and Salmon/Trout species for the muskies to gorge on so why couldn’t or wouldn’t they get to a 60+ lb class

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Gut:

That is too funny!!!

I look back at where I found the post yesterday and see if any more has been put up…

Edited: Checked back to the site and the forum sponsor also asked for a picture as soon as he got one.

Mark

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

So can we all assume this was an early April fools joke? I see copies of this story pop up on other sites only to be shot down as a joke???

-J.

ebes

that fish did come from gb and it is real, a friend of mines cousen took the pic

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Here is your picture. It is a zander, and it certainly didn’t come from Green Bay.

19.4 pound green bay walleye

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.