Any body ever tried this?

• mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

I am not sure this will work but I was thinking of trying it. All of my rigs are on lighter line than my main line. This is so when I snag I don’t loose the bouncer or weight etc… I am sure you all do similiar. Alot of times the rig line breaks right at the knot for the hook. Could a person tie a nylon bobber stop knot right above the hook? You could even use colored line to match the beads. Would this save some of your rigs so you could just tie on a new hook? Do you think the stop knot would just fly off from the recoil and you would still loose everything? I know some spinners will break at the spinner location, but would this save some?? I am thinking of trying it.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Welcome to IDO mb376 I would think, if you put it a 1/2 inch or so above the hook, with the bead right above it, it sure would save whatever was above it Good idea… can I steal it…. Again welcome aboard

big G

mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

Thanks for the welcome, and you are welcome to the steal the idea. I was running low on rigs and thought of it was I was tying some new ones up. I find it hard to believe no one else has tried it before. It either doesn’t work or it is a secret. I will let you know what my experiences are.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors mb376!!!

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Welcome to the board. Good luck with the idea, let us know how it works out for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.