Erie Eyes

• ccook
    Participant
    Hastings Mn

Hey Fellas,
    Just got back from Lake Erie chasing some post spawn hogs.
    We fished out of port clinton and I had a hunch that with the weather the mid west has experienced the walleye bite would be going strong. after fishing lake erie for a number of years now, it is almost predictable where the fish are going to be and what the pattern is according to time of year and water temp and conditions. As a rule of thumb, if the water is 50 or aboveexpect there to be a strong spinner bite. the water was 50 to 53 by the end of the trip and the spinner bite was in full swing. One lesson I’ve learned is to always try to find your own fish, lake erie has millions of walleyes and there is no reason to follow the crowds. With all the traffic they get shy and can really slow down. We made alot of moves and found a school of walleyes east of north bass island and close to th canadian border.We were one of 4 boats in the area and I believe it helped our bite. We pulled spinners with 2oz snap weighths and leads from 25 to 50 feet back. The walleyes were smashing the crawlers,. We ended up limiting everyday and in 3 days caught 11 fish O’s(28in or bigger)with the biggest being 31!We didn’t catch a eye under 23 in and 80% were between 25-27in. This lake is like no other, if you haven’t been there put it on your must do. You won’t be dissapointed.Best of luck and god bless.

corey cook
    (cdemeyes)

walleyeben
    Participant
    Albertville,MN

Great lookin fish! And awsome report!!!

Hillbiehle
    Participant

Thanks for sharing. I can’t wait to get back to Erie.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.