Great Erie Walleye Fishing

• EyeSpy

Fishing has been unbelievable on Erie this year. The boat went in the water the last week of March and we have been catching fish ever since. I usually take out 5-6 guys and we have limit out every trip except one. The last 2 weeks have been out of this world. I had 2 trips on Sat with limits coming in 45 minutes on the afternoon trip. The fishing will continue to be good in the western basin until the middle of July.
    Ryan
    Eye Spy Fishing

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Welcome to IDA EyeSpy

Thanks for the report….If you have any pics feel free to send them to me and I will post them!!

EyeSpy

Calvin, sounds good. I will send you some of the recent pics when I get a chance. Biggest fish of the year was a 31″ 11.4lb hog that was caught drifting a worm harness. You can check out some of the other pics on my website if you want. It is http://www.eyespyfish.com

Ryan

scottsteil
    Central MN

Welcome to the site Ryan. I was out your way for the FLW Detroit River and we fished the lake several days. The bite was unbelievable already then. I think the number of walleye in lake Erie is on the rise again. At least it sure seems that way

EyeSpy

Scott, the number of walleye in Lake Erie is very high right now thanks to the 2003 hatch. It was the best ever hatch on the Lake and we are catching a lot of those fish right now. Saying that, I have caught a couple of fish in the 13-14″ range which is a good sign. If we could get one more good hatch to go along with the 2003 fish, we could be in for great fishing for a long time to come. I have never seen this good of fishing in May. The first two weeks of May are usually slow, but the last two years, we have caught a lot of fish in May. If you guys get back to the area, let me know and maybe we can hook up.
    Ryan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.