Spray in bedliner?

• timschmitz
    Participant
    Waconia MN

I just bought a SWEET new truck and was wondering if anybody has any recommendations on where to go or not go for a spray in liner? Also any ideas on cost my truck is a 2011 1500 silverado? Thanks for the help

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Did you find a good deal on the truck? Been looking for a new tow vehicle to.

Steve Root
    Participant
    South St. Paul, MN

My 2000 Dakota has Line-X in the bed and it still looks perfect.

Mike I thought you got your truck fixed?

riverwrat
    Participant
    Hastings/ Northfeild,MN

Give Better Bedliners in Lakeville a call by far the most durable I have spilled battery acid on it and it never pealed or anything 952-469-6900

Mike Klein
    Participant
    Hastings, MN

Rhino is the best. I beat the hell out of my trucks for work “landscaper” hold up better then line x and toff which ford pushes. 3 options go with the non skid tough I think. 400-500 for short box last time I think.
    Coupon online to save 50. not as smooth as line x but hold up better. I can’t tell you how much gas stuff spills in it and still good to go. shovel wheelbarrows etc wash it looks like new.

skeeter20
    Participant
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I dont know of any guys down by you that do it so I cant recommend anyone but as far as price you will be looking at around $400 for under the rail and closer to $500 if wanting to have it go over the rail. I have had and seen almost every type out there and I like the Rhino Line the best.

igotone
    Participant

short box??

425-625

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Sounds like you made up your mind but there is an alternative that I use. Thick rubber mat from Cabelas. Form fit. I figure if I ever bang up the back end I can always go with the spray in to make it like new again. Spray in with the rubber mat would be the best of both worlds. You can throw some heavy chit on those mats without damaging surface beneath. I’ve had them on two trucks so far..

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Most important thing about spray in is the prep… being in the business I am in, I see em all. From my experience, Line-X done here in St Cloud, is the best I have seen. There must be somebody doing a poor job with the Rhino in this area, I see it peeling in chunks… Like mentioned, a rubber mat is nice too…

tjgeerdes
    Participant
    Rice Lake, WI

Reflex is probably the best available if you can find someone who does it. My brother does it in SE SD. about 500 bucks should cover most half tons

dank
    Participant
    Minneapolis, MN

Rhino get my vote. I have had it for about five years and have had no issues.

Congrats on the new ride.

Tom P.
    Participant
    Whitehall Wi.

What I have noticed on some bed liners is the coating is soft and flexible ( they use that as a selling point). Which sucks when something sharp gets dragged across it. It`ll peel up some of the top of the bed liner off. I had a truck with the soft flexible liner. I purchased my dually used and this bedliner has been threw h-ll being on the farm, sharp heavy metal parts rock etc. not hardly a mark in it. Problem is I can`t tell what kind it is.

weldon
    Participant
    Rochester, Mn

I’ve had a spray in Rhino bedliner for 11 years in my F150. While the pickup was only a couple of years old, the bed was scratched up good in a few places when I got it, so probably had good adhesion even before the application. The gentleman that sprayed it in has his shop in NW Rochester and did a very nice job. I haven’t had any issues with adhesion. The price was around $350 back then.

Jon Stevens
    Participant
    Northfield, Wi

Tom P…do you have a blue and white Fabic sticker in the back window? I think that is what Osseo plastics uses. I have heard a lot of good things from that shop.

Tom P.
    Participant
    Whitehall Wi.

Quote:

Tom P…do you have a blue and white Fabic sticker in the back window? I think that is what Osseo plastics uses. I have heard a lot of good things from that shop.

I had to go look no it dosen`t but I did find a power stroke sticker that I never new was there.

Tom P.
    Participant
    Whitehall Wi.

Quote:

I’ve had a spray in Rhino bedliner for 11 years in my F150. While the pickup was only a couple of years old, the bed was scratched up good in a few places when I got it, so probably had good adhesion even before the application. The gentleman that sprayed it in has his shop in NW Rochester and did a very nice job. I haven’t had any issues with adhesion. The price was around $350 back then.

Adhesion wasn`t the problem the liner was soft enough it would actually leave long gouges in the material.

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

I vote Rhino too. I’ll put in the disclaimer that I am not a contractor or handyman, so the abuse has been limited to a few moves. One of the moves was a big old dock with sharp poles. The lining has no marks or anything.

The one thing is when they put it in, it made a seal in the seam of the bed that butts up against the cab. The bed will hold water in a heavy rain, especially if dirt, leaves and whatever get in the crack.

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

just double checked on a whim. I have line-x. Lol

nodakbassmaster
    Participant
    Black Hills, SD

after having both Rhino and Line-x in my truck (had the bed replaced) I would not get the Line-X again. Crap compared to the Rhino liners durability. Unfortunatly I had the Rhino first and now am stuck with the crappy Line-x

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.