What Landing Net??

• scottsteil
    Central MN

For the last 6 years I have used a Beckman Landing net. I have not had an issue in the 6 years I have had my Beckman. The net is actually like new yet. This year the FLW introduced an incentive to use a Frabill net. Before my last tournament I thought about giving the Frabill nets a try. On day 4 of the last FLW tournament we were all given a Frabill landing net to use. We could still use our net of choice but I thought I would give the Frabill at try. The Frabill nets have very tight meshing and to my suprise have a lot of resistance or drag in the water. I found myself chasing around fish which is not the way to net a fish. After my first experience with the Frabill on day 4 of the Cass Lake FLW I happily went back to my Beckman.

As I said earlier, I have used the same net for the last 6 years and just kind of took it for granted. However, with $100,000 on the line I can say I am glad I had my Beckman net in the boat as a backup. On Tuesday of this week I just picked up another Beckman net as a backup. Something I took for granted all these years just paid divedends

What is everyone else using for a landing net?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.