Boat #’s on Ranger Boats

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Where do you guys stick the Boat #’s on your Rangers? Got any pics?

Nick???

Secondly anyone know of a GOOD place to get your #’s done?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Hardware Hank in Mpls has numbers on sale. $.19 each.

Theres a picture diagram on the back of your MN boat sticker that shows where they should go. Otherwise contact the dealer and they should be able to help.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Ask Tuck, he get’s his at some hardware store in Hastings I think!!!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Yep, I think Tuck got them at Ace Hardware in Hastings.

They are the nice block letters with the white square background.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Yea but the ones at Hank are reflective. Much better for the money.

birddog
    Mn.

Here’s a pic of where I placed mine…I placed them in different places, above and below the rub rail, this looked, to me, the cleanest. Above the rub rail I didn’t like as the numbers wouldn’t fit height wise in one color, they would’ve broke the lines crossing into the blue or gold. Looked kind of cheesy that way. I was a little concerned about how the CO would view them. When stopped the first year I asked him on the placement of the letters, he said they were fine as he could read them from 3/4 mile!

BIRDDOG

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I know who’s NOT going to do your boat numbers.

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Mine are in the same place as birddogs

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Just use a Sharpie. They come in all kinds of colors.

ted-merdan

I tuck them under the rub rail towards the bow – just for your enjoyment lip I will post an image…

ted merdan

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Sharpest Ranger out there, isn’t Rob!!!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Quote:

Sharpest Ranger out there, isn’t Rob!!!

I agree

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Quote:

Looked kind of cheesy

are you talking about the ranger???

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Birddog, never knew you had such good taste in color,

I ended up in the same spot really though my pattern is a little different. My boat is the same color as Birddog’s though I took the pic with my camera phone, in my garage so it looks, well yeah. I went with the Gold letters they actually can be seem fairly well, but don’t stick out, passed plenty of CO’s last year, they didn’t seem to have an issue.

Gosh *I think* there is someone on here that does graphics…. I actually got mine through the dealer, “free” so well thats the route I went with

jldii

Quote:

I tuck them under the rub rail towards the bow – just for your enjoyment lip I will post an image…

ted merdan

Honestly Ted, I think you’d look better in black!!

scottsteil
    Central MN

I have mine where Ted does, just a little farther back. I got harrassed by a CO a couple years ago because I have them so far forward that they were hard to read from the side because the angle of the hull.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Jack I agree. The Black & Silver Ranger that Frankies has at the Show even has Calvin Drooling every day.

Bird Dog, Nick, Stick, Scott and Ted that is the info I was looking for thanks! I could not find a good place above the rail. Did not know if you could see it below the rail.

Ted, I’ll make sure I put my Blue beacon finder out this Summer again.

Thanks Guys, I will run to Hardware Hank up here in the North Metro and get the Stickers Derek talked about.

Sure wish I knew soemone that made some nice custom ones.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

I know picking up the regs and looking them up is tough and time consuming, but since you don’t have your #’s yet I figured you would have enough time on your hands to look it up. Guess not. Here you go, page 10.

dnr boating regs

Jami

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I know what the regs say Ritt, but I needed to see what Ranger owners actually do, because I wasn’t finding a great spot.

jldii

Lip,

The best spot a Ranger guy can find is a seat in a YarCraft!!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I agree with ya Jack totally. That is the best spot for a Ranger guy…………………..

TO GET WET

ted-merdan

I would agree with Scott – I haven’t been harassed yet on number placement but I do run my numbers as close to the bow as possible. I was cautioned a few years ago on not having letters/numbers that contrast with the boat so be careful on that one.

Lip as for the blue beacon – you can keep a long watch out for that wrap as it was last years and has already been removed. I have seen a preview of this years design and it’s a little different…

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Ted, that has been my issue, find a spot and colors to contrast. My “go to” guy does not make letters to contrast, so I iwll have to outsource.

Shoot me an email once you get your new wrap done, you know just for reference of the boat #’s.

Good luck as always this year Ted.

I will find our school as soon as I can. Give me a call when your heading up! As long as we can keep that G3 boat off OUR fish, we should be fine.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

After being hassled over this issue I decided to talk with a CO and one thing that chaps their hide is when they cannot easily read them with their binocs…..

Almost any custom graphic designer will have access to the Ranger font. Have then desinged in the sparkly color of your boat and strategically place them so they distract as little as possible from the rest of the boat. The MN sticker is a real beauty for 2009 (baby blue, nice…)

I’ll try posting my latest endeavor……

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Sorry that turned out like crap……. I’ll take a close up later.

ted-merdan

Look for that guy in a ‘Team G3 V185’ up there on the big pond – he always seems to be on fish!!!

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Same as other boat owners, find a spot that fits the regs, and stick them on, this isn’t a fashion show.

Jami

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

How do the hardware hank letters look??? Let’s see a pic.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.