Tri-state Custom Rodbuilders Workshop Dubuque 3/29

• chuckles
    Participant
    Manchester, Iowa

Tri-state Rodbuilders workshop in Peosta March 29, 9-4!

Held at the Swiss Valley Nature Center – 13606 Swiss Valley Rd – Peosta, IA 52068.
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Swiss+Valley+Nature+Center+++++13606+Swiss+Valley+Road&ie=UTF-8&ei=Ci8RU_qhGOPhyQH42oCoDg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ

Join the fun as the traveling fishing rod building event returns to its roots near Dubuque. If you have been to the workshop at Wickiup Hill you realize what a great learning experience these events can be for those interested in building custom rods. We should have a good line up and should cover quite a few topics. Ed Karwacki will be presenting a demonstration on dying wood handles, Al Engling will be doing a presentation on Butt Cap Inserts, Mark Blabaum will be presenting inlaying objects into grips with casting resin. Andy Wolfram will be presenting skinning foam cores with carbon fiber. I may have one more presenter on Morton Guide Placement, but haven’t verified that. Scott Kleppe will have American Tackle prizes and Microwave Guide set ups for several complete kits to give away. The presentations will benefit builders of all skill levels from beginners to professionals.

Please send an RSVP to Mark Blabaum @ [email protected] or let us know here on the Tri-State Rod Builders Facebook page if you will be attending, to plan ahead for food or to contact us for more information. The workshop is free – goodwill donations accepted for lunch. Bill Pulk from Midwest Rod and Reel will be there to sell components, also if you would like to place an order with Bill, he’s offering a 10% discount and will bring the components to the gathering saving you shipping. You can contact Bill at [email protected] or you can call him at 612-720-5268. Bill’s web site is http://www.midwestrodandreel.com/ .

I’d like to also offer a table or two for attendees to bring some of your unused or unwanted components to swap or sell, I’d like to run that through the lunch hour. I’m providing lunch and will be accepting a goodwill donation for the food. There is no admission and the day is free to any that would like to attend, please RSVP to let me know how much food to bring.

I’m planning on opening the doors at 9:00 am for a meet and greet and will start off the presenters at 9:30.

Swiss Valley Nature Center 13606 Swiss Valley Road – Google Maps

maps.google.com

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps

Swiss Valley Nature Center 13606 Swiss Valley Road – Google Maps

maps.google.com

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.