Energizer Headlight

• Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Getting things in order for those all night fishing. Looking for a headlight that’s very reasonable but gives out good bright light…not blinding. I found this on walmart.com and it’s in my price range and has good reviews. Anyone out there own one of these?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Energizer-Trailfinder-3-LED-Headlight/10233057

I have 4 of them. I love them. There is one in my boat, truck, tackle bag and dresser. For the price you can’t go wrong.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

I have that head lamp and am happy with it. Just enough light to see what your doing when fishing. It’s a couple years old and is about shot, but for 12 bucks I certainly got my money’s worth. The red led option is really nice too-I use the red lights when I hunt crawlers or fish at night when the bugs are bad (they don’t seem to swarm my head as much).

My buddy has a super duper headlamp that is bright enough to burn insects at 50 yards. It is annoying in the boat because everytime he lights me up I’m blinded and it only lasts a couple hours on one set of batteries.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Energizer it is Thanks guys!!

kris_brantner
    My river

I have a bunch i use for duck huntin. Good lamps. I usually loose mine before they go bad…

hosegsp
    Rockwell City, Iowa/ Knoxville, Iowa

This is what I use.

web page

I have 3 or 4 of them. Never had trouble with them and it has decent battery life.
    Doesn’t hurt that its a local Iowa company just down the road. And for the price if I lose it or forget it in my buddies truck/boat I am not out much.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

This is what I use.

web page

I have 3 or 4 of them. Never had trouble with them and it has decent battery life.
    Doesn’t hurt that its a local Iowa company just down the road. And for the price if I lose it or forget it in my buddies truck/boat I am not out much.

Linky no worky.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Getting things in order for those all night fishing. Looking for a headlight that’s very reasonable but gives out good bright light…not blinding. I found this on walmart.com and it’s in my price range and has good reviews. Anyone out there own one of these?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Energizer-Trailfinder-3-LED-Headlight/10233057

I have 4 of them. I love them. There is one in my boat, truck, tackle bag and dresser. For the price you can’t go wrong.

Have you tried this with a baseball cap by chance?

FDR

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

I was going to mention that. I have a couple of those lights. I dont like them when i am wearing a hat. I normally wear my hat backwards if I have to wear a head light. I have went with the cheapy clip that go on the bill of your hat. I got a couple of those for under $10 bucks at fleet farm.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

I was going to mention that. I have a couple of those lights. I dont like them when i am wearing a hat. I normally wear my hat backwards if I have to wear a head light. I have went with the cheapy clip that go on the bill of your hat. I got a couple of those for under $10 bucks at fleet farm.

Thanks for the input. I don’t know if there has ever been a time I have not had some type of hat on while in the boat.

FDR

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Pretty cool. I plan to give Iowa some business.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Baseball hat? Yes. Needs to be turned around if you want to look at your feet or hands to work with close up. Walking the brim being forward is no issue.

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

The Coleman max is a pretty good cheap but super bright (108 lumens)head lamp.
    3 settings for the white light, plus you got red and blue.
    I’ve bought them at Wally World for 20$.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the input. I don’t know if there has ever been a time I have not had some type of hat on while in the boat.

FDR

Me too thats why I picked up a couple of the other ones as well.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

So I ordered the Energ. Headlight online this morn and it was ready for p/u. At the register the clerk tells me it’s a store special for $6. so they gave it to me for that price. So I grabbed one more. It comes with 3AAA batt and it’s really light.Can’t wait til it gets dark so I put on the night vision.

nord

How many lumens should you have to see well at night?

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Quote:

How many lumens should you have to see well at night?

I bought the 3LED and I tried it indoors with the all the lights off and the night vision is bright, it actually scared me it was so bright(reminded me of the scene from Silence of the Lamb)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.