Evinrude E-Tec vs. Yamaha and Mercury 4-Strokes

• superstar
    Participant
    Breezy Point, MN

I put these etec vids right up there with the sham wow & roto zip commercials.

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

That is funny stuff. My e tech had a ton of power right out of the hole to. That was when it would start or the plugs where not fouled.

Evinrude does make great videos. Would bet they catch a lot of fishermen with them.

cc-rider
    Participant
    MN

My E-TEC has been 6 years of flawless performance….including the original plugs. Love the motors, and truly believe they will go down in history as one of the best line of motors ever to run the waters of this earth. And to be honest, those videos of the tug of war…I fully believe to be 100% true. I have been in many boats with many different motors….and the E-TEC has way more torque than ay 4 stroke. I want to see the tug-o-war with the Merc Opti though! We don’t see that one, do we??!!! Any 2 stroke will out “grunt” a 4 stroke given similar displacement, etc. Its physics. The Merc Opti would out pull all those 4 strokes as well.

Does this mean that other motors are not great as well? Now way! Did you ever notice that Evinrude never runs a sound (dB) head-to-head test with the 4 strokes? Man…I love how quiet the 4 strokes can idle. No oil consumption…awesome!

Anyway….bottom line here is that this marketing from Evinrude isn’t deceptive or lying…..its true, and its smart. The E TEC will take any similar rated 4 stroke out of the hole, and we all know it. Not sure why the others don’t market their benefits. Maybe because performance is truly the #1 thing we care about???

grumpy
    Participant
    Iowa, Clinton

I am happy with my E-tec

Wade Boardman
    Participant
    Grand Rapids, MN

Isn’t that the E-Tec thing? 2 stroke power without 2 stroke stink and noise (aka 4 stroke noise and smell).

superstar
    Participant
    Breezy Point, MN

Quote:

That is funny stuff. My e tech had a ton of power right out of the hole to. That was when it would start or the plugs where not fouled.

Evinrude does make great videos. Would bet they catch a lot of fishermen with them.

In that etec video, if you look closely, you’ll see an evinrude mechanic wrenching on a new injector and starter.

85lund
    Participant
    Menomonie, WI

the e-tec was probably on its 3rd power head too

jeff_3272
    Participant

And none of the 4-strokes have power head, gearcase or injector issues…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.