Enter Here >>> IFish Pro "Complete System" Gear Giveaway!

• tindall
    Minneapolis MN

When you get an email that says “confirm your entry” is this just fishing for more social media info for extra entries, or do you need to click something to have a legit entry?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

When you get an email that says “confirm your entry” is this just fishing for more social media info for extra entries, or do you need to click something to have a legit entry?

Click confirm finalizes your initial entry.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I was confused by this too. Got a message with a subject line that says “confirm your entry for Ifish pro tip-up setup,” which implies that further action is required, but the email has no link to confirm anything and starts with “thanks for entering this week’s ido giveaway,” implying that you’re already confirmed. The only links provided are to IDO social media and the lucky URL to share to get more entries.

Alex Anderson
    Minneapolis, MN

First and foremost. I want to apologize for any confusion the e-mail title has caused anyone. I didn’t catch the contest platform was generating “Confirm your entry” as apart of the email title, and the reason there was not a confirmation link is due to the fact, it wasn’t supposed to be there.

In regards to how we utilize confirmed e-mails:

At this point, we are not utilizing this feature and are not requiring entrants to confirm their e-mail to enter the giveaways or be eligible to win.

This may change in the future. Please know that if we decided to require e-mail confirmation, it will only be used as a filter to verify human entries from bot generated entries. It will most likely be followed up with some sort of a captcha requirement as well.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to polish our giveaway platform.

Good luck, Tight lines and Merry Christmas!

Alex

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

First and foremost. I want to apologize for any confusion the e-mail title has caused anyone. I didn’t catch the contest platform was generating “Confirm your entry” as apart of the email title, and the reason there was not a confirmation link is due to the fact, it wasn’t supposed to be there.

In regards to how we utilize confirmed e-mails:

At this point, we are not utilizing this feature and are not requiring entrants to confirm their e-mail to enter the giveaways or be eligible to win.

This may change in the future. Please know that if we decided to require e-mail confirmation, it will only be used as a filter to verify human entries from bot generated entries. It will most likely be followed up with some sort of a captcha requirement as well.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to polish our giveaway platform.

Good luck, Tight lines and Merry Christmas!

Alex

What he said.

Thanks Alex.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Good enough for me fellas.

In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

And this week’s winner is…. Todd VanGelder of Beresford, SD!

Congrats Todd! Your Complete IFishPro Setup will be headed your way in a couple days! Enjoy!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.