Elliot original odyssey noodle?

• BAR

Hi, any feedback? Looking to get another power noodle, this looks nice, just not a lot of info on it. Use would be deeper water jumbo perch with tungsten jigs.

Cam White

Have two, haven’t used them yet. Seem to have a great action. But no on ice use yet.

BAR

Have two, haven’t used them yet. Seem to have a great action. But no on ice use yet.

Thanks, does the tip seem pretty light?

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Power noodle style of rods are great. I don’t head out on hard water without at least 3 different ones. Elliott makes some nice rods. The first power noodle rod on the market was designed by Gregg Thorne. I don’t see why this would not be a fantastic rod.

Cam White

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cam White wrote:</div>

Thanks, does the tip seem pretty light?

I bought a 38 and a 40. Doesn’t seem too light on those, on the 32 it did.

Hydro
    Brainerd Mn

I tried one last night fishing crappies. I usually use the 2B Big Nood or Mags. I feel like this was not as soft a tip as the 2B or Mags….

usmarine0352

I have all 2B rods including the Noodle.

My bro has all Mags.

The Mags noodle is incredible and I believe I’ll be changing out my 2B Noodle for the Mags Noodle.

Perch Patrol

The original odyssey is more stiff then all of the new odyssey’s. Still very light but not as sensitive as the 32″ Odyssey super noodle or the 36″ and 40″ It’s usually my designated 1/32 oz-1/16 oz pinhead mino/spoon rod. 32″ super noodle get’s a small tungsten and my 36″ usually get’s a bigger tungsten tied on.

wormdunker

I have an original I would sell. Its a great rod but I m not using it.

Matthew Sandys

I just got out this past weekend with a new Odyssey noodle in the 36-inch length. I have fished the bullwhip and precision noodle for a few years.
    I love my tuned-up, but they have a soft tip that turns very stiff very quickly. The Odyssey has a tip similar to the precision but it gets way more parabolic when you get into fish. I think it is my new favorite crappie rod as it keeps them pinned as you get a lot more bend in the rod and though out the rod. It makes it a lot of fun to fight with big crappie. My only complaint is I really like the split handle that I have on my TUCR. I can live with it though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.