Elite 9 Ti2 Side imagine darker on one side

• Big Sucker
    Participant

I have an elite ti2 with the totalscan transducer which is always showing darker on the left side. I have releveled it multiple times, I have even turned it way out of level to the port and same to starboard side and the left side is always much brighter. Also took the transducer and flipped it around with the cable end away from the boat and the symptoms persisted. Almost makes the right side unusable at times. I have uploaded a few pics so you can see what I mean, all pics are taken on a big wide open flat on a local lake. No drops or anything. All pics are taken with the motor trimmed all the way up.

Any ideas? Did I get a faulty transducer?

Attachments:
    1. 20200628_112357.jpg

2. 20200628_105003.jpg

3. 20200628_112424.jpg

4. 20200628_100719.jpg

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

All pics are taken with the motor trimmed all the way up.

All the way up as in out of the water?

Ripjiggen
    Participant

When you flipped the transducer did if flip the dark image to the other side. If so I would think the ducer is faulty.

hawghunter08
    Participant

If you could post a picture of the transducer mounted on the boat it may help

Big Sucker
    Participant

When you flipped the transducer did if flip the dark image to the other side. If so I would think the ducer is faulty.

It stayed the same so the right side was still dark, but I never changed the right to left settings so it was still darker on the same physical side of the transducer. Starting to lean towards a bad transducer

Dustin Tichy
    Participant

Mine has been like that since new. It works fine, just the right side is a bit darker. I can still make out fish and create waypoints based on them.

Big Sucker
    Participant

Mine has been like that since new. It works fine, just the right side is a bit darker. I can still make out fish and create waypoints based on them.

Yeah well it aint good enough for me. If I wanted junk I would have bought junk… But at this point maybe I did

Dustin Tichy
    Participant

I guess I didn’t think it made it junk just because it is a bit darker. I just figured that was the way it was, don’t know any better or anything else to compare it to.
    I am sorry you feel that way, I agree, it is expensive stuff and it should perform to what you expect. I will keep an eye out for this thread and if you end up finding out what the problem was I am more than interested myself.

I feel kinda the same way with my motorguide Xi5, it doesn’t do somethings that it should and when ever it doesn’t do things right I about want to chuck it in the lake. But then I realize I am still fishing and it beats almost everything else in the world and I just roll with it.

Big Sucker
    Participant

Here’s an update, I have been in contact with lowrance and they have deemed this tranducer as bad. They have also said they will not honor the warranty as this tranducer was manufactured in 2016. I literally bought the transducer a month ago new in the box. What a joke.

But hey, all this lowrance junk is coming off my boat now not even a month old and heading straight into the trash. Back to humminbird I go.

Screw you Lowrance

Smoker
    Participant
    Blaine, Minnesota

Where do you live? I’ll come and take it off your hands.
    Better then throwing it in the trash!

Big Sucker
    Participant

Minnesota. But I already cut the cable to the transducer to pull this humminbird transducer through and the elite 9 is sitting on the floor of the garage, youd need new connectors because i cut them all

Smoker
    Participant
    Blaine, Minnesota

Where in Minnesota? I live in the north metro area. I already have an extra transducer for it so I don’t care about that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.