Early fall?

• Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Heading up to stay next to the river in a couple of weeks for our anniversary. We will be next to the munger landing. Food suggestions? Hugo 2?Hopefully bringing the pontoon for some fishing, late September, better off targeting walleye, muskie or sturgeon? Anything still in spirit lake? Stick to the river?

mojogunter

Eddie’s ribs is good for BBQ, the Anchor bar has good cheap burgers and fries, and Golden Inn Restaurant has good Chinese food. Their hot mustard is a killer, go easy with it at first. flame I have only fished Superior as late as now and the south shore still had some walleyes and lakers. If there is no rain for a while and the river and lake aren’t muddy the bite can be really good. I always had pulled cranks.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Thanks! Our friends own the anchor bar, so we normally stop by there, always good. Pulling cranks in the river too or just the south shore?

mojogunter

I would always pull cranks in the river too. Just would follow the steep break line and would catch some walleyes. Caught a muskie further up river not far from spirit mountain on a crank too the last time we fished the river. There were guys jigging much further up river where it gets really shallow with some deeper holes. I never tried that though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.